Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can anyone recommend US Shares to trade on Revolut

• 23-04-2020 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭

People that have a Revolut account are allowed three commission free USA trades a month.

Can anyone recommend US shares that would be worth investing in.

I was thinking of AMD but if anyone could recommend some outliers rather than bluechip it would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭sk8board

Free advice on an online forum of strangers is definitely not the best starting point when you’re investing your money.
    However there is always a ‘stock picks’ thread every year where people put in their suggestions and update as we go along. Check out the 2020 one, it’ll be pretty recent, but as the mantra says - “do your own research”.
    The vast majority of online stock suggestions are people throwing darts at a paper looking for value bets, even if they think they’re doing real research.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

if i didn't know anything else about shares, Id pick a share that's basically a value focused mutual fund and in that case I'd choose Berkshire Hathaway BrkB .
    And I'd hold it long term. If you're actively trading you need to accept you're playing poker - not investing. Poker is a game where skill gives you an edge but with no guarantees.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

sk8board wrote: »
    Free advice on an online forum of strangers is definitely not the best starting point when you’re investing your money.
    However there is always a ‘stock picks’ thread every year where people put in their suggestions and update as we go along. Check out the 2020 one, it’ll be pretty recent, but as the mantra says - “do your own research”.
    The vast majority of online stock suggestions are people throwing darts at a paper looking for value bets, even if they think they’re doing real research.

Thanks, Id forgotten about those threads. I bought Tawana a while ago after it was tipped on one thread and lost like everyone else. I'll proceed with caution.
    if i didn't know anything else about shares, Id pick a share that's basically a value focused mutual fund and in that case I'd choose Berkshire Hathaway BrkB .
    And I'd hold it long term. If you're actively trading you need to accept you're playing poker - not investing. Poker is a game where skill gives you an edge but with no guarantees.

I'm not sure that's available on Revolut but thanks for the tip, I'll check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

I'm not sure that's available on Revolut but thanks for the tip, I'll check it out.

I've seen it there. You could look at it's recent daily price volatility and set Revolut to buy at the lower end of that range. Then be patient until it Carrie's out the order. Then hold until either something miraculous happens or until you can take enough profit to use up your CGT allowance every tax year. That's basically what I'd do if I knew nothing else about shares. If a value fund like this collapses in value then its mad max time anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

I've seen it there. You could look at it's recent daily price volatility and set Revolut to buy at the lower end of that range. Then be patient until it Carrie's out the order. Then hold until either something miraculous happens or until you can take enough profit to use up your CGT allowance every tax year. That's basically what I'd do if I knew nothing else about shares. If a value fund like this collapses in value then its mad max time anyway.

Thanks for the advice, I'm going to search for it now. I didn't realise you could set a limit order on Revolut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭imfml

Does anybody else have issues with the Trading part of the app for the first hour of trading each day? Useless between 1430 and 1530 when alot of initial movement is happening

Advertisement