Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where is the best place to buy a bench and some dumbbells

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Conybaz

Kettlebells €40

2 Day Delivery

Text for videos and pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

brianblaze wrote: »
    Not sure you're allowed to advertise on boards dude, especially for something you're charging €40 for that's €25

15 quid markup dude....

Although asuming by your adverts thing that you've bought 100 at a discounted rate, it's probably 20 quid markup on, essentially, a bucket

Nice

Where did you see them for €25....
    Try shipping to Ireland and then quote the price.
    And you have a 2 week wait.
    And yes there is a markup.
    Likewise with every gym equipment product at the moment.
    €40 with free 2 day delivery is a reasonable price.
    Stay safe. ��

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭robinbird

Conybaz wrote: »
    Where did you see them for €25....
    Try shipping to Ireland and then quote the price.
    And you have a 2 week wait.
    And yes there is a markup.
    Likewise with every gym equipment product at the moment.
    €40 with free 2 day delivery is a reasonable price.
    Stay safe. ��

Assume you ordered a load of cheap crap from China that you are now trying to flog for extortionate rip off prices. Seems a bit strange that you are not even showing the product you are trying to sell. Are they cast iron kettlebells or plastic kettlebell shaped bottles that you have to fill with water.

This is the worst episode of Dragons Den ever.

Unrelated note, anyone want to invest in my new project. It's called Waterbell 2. They'll be €50 but unlike the original they're real buckets made of lead and hold tarmac as well as water.

I'm asking for €150000 for 10%

• Advertisement

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_6wQxapdyi/?igshid=1piqewj0zuqss

Sorry guys a few lads here were looking for Kettlebells.

And no they are not from China. They are from Europe.

And the cost is the same as if you ordered one from the European country they are patented in but the delivery is 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I didn't realise they were patented, that changes everything!!

0f25ee2d869ef533343ffaed0b830712.jpg

Work away.

But the whole idea of cutting out the middle man is saving money.

Thanks for putting up the link which shows it’s €45 to import plus a 2 week wait.

Work away.

But the whole idea of cutting out the middle man is saving money.

Thanks for putting up the link which shows it’s €45 to import plus a 2 week wait.

Couple of issues with the product from a non gouger perspective and with my Duncan Banatyne hat on

If you pour in concrete for the 30kg concept, it is no longer portable, and you can't then make it a lighter version for alternate exercises

You need to have cement just hanging around the house for that too.

How does someone funnel in 30kg of cement?!

Is this Elon Musk ????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,025 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It's only 13 kg, what a useless kettlebell

Mellor wrote: »
    It's only 13 kg, what a useless kettlebell

Not is you pour concrete into it as explained in the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

It's not far off the price you'd pay for a 14kg KB in Argos so as a 13kg KB that's portable and also available it's a decent price.

It's not a 30kg KB though. It's basically a mould for a 30kg KB but €40 is a fair bit less than you'd pay for a ca. 30kg KB anyway so if you have the materials for concrete it's a decent price and is available. But it's no longer portable or adjustable and at ~12 litres it's fairly big.

Is this Elon Musk ????

This sure isn't

robinbird wrote: »
    Not is you pour concrete into it as explained in the video.

Not sure if you're serious or taking the piss tbh.

Notice they didn't actually pour concrete into in in the video. I'd love to see somebody trying that, and then using it afterwards.
    It's not a 30kg KB though. It's basically a mould for a 30kg KB but €40 is a fair bit less than you'd pay for a ca. 30kg KB anyway so if you have the materials for concrete it's a decent price and is available. But it's no longer portable or adjustable and at ~12 litres it's fairly big.

My next KB will be around 30kg, which would probably cost 80-90. So the above is a big saving, even when you pay for a small tub of concrete.
    But at half the price, it's not worth it. The sheer size is very awkward. I really wouldn't fancy hiding it overhead.

My next KB will be around 30kg, which would probably cost 80-90. So the above is a big saving, even when you pay for a small tub of concrete.
    But at half the price, it's not worth it. The sheer size is very awkward. I really wouldn't fancy hiding it overhead.

Yeah it's a decent saving...bag of sand/cement mix is about €7/8. And it's available, which is as big a benefit at the minute. So much out of stock right now, especially since it was announced gyms would be closed until 10th of August.

But christ it's a big unit.

Yeah it's a decent saving...bag of sand/cement mix is about €7/8. And it's available, which is as big a benefit at the minute. So much out of stock right now, especially since it was announced gyms would be closed until 10th of August.

Getting the concrete in would be some messy laugh. But, dry cement might be easier, denser and less hard.

What about 100kg of lead. :pac:

What about 100kg of lead. :pac:

Uranium ftw.

Be like Dr Manhattan.

Uranium ftw.

Be like Dr Manhattan.

He was swole af tbf

Uranium ftw.

Be like Dr Manhattan.

Dark Matter FTW

• Advertisement

brianblaze wrote: »
    Dark Matter FTW

40zd1y.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

So Eleiko finally setup an online store. I ordered a bar and a few plates on 29/04, order was dispatched 3 hours later and it was in my hands within 7 days. That's pretty savage considering the circumstances I thought. Some places are up to 14 days before you even get your order dispatched atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

So there are no prices on their website. Instead you have to write to them with contact information and ask them for the price of any piece of equipment you might be interested in. If that not just an information havesting scam.
    I'm seeing prices on everything
    https://shop.eleiko.com/en-ie/equipment/kettlebells/380-0040-eleiko-kettlebell-4-kg-black

Sand and water works best. That brings the weight to 27kg.

The size actually makes it easier to use. Uglier yes but more balanced for snatch’s etc as it’s easier on your wrist.

Not sure if you're serious or taking the piss tbh.

Notice they didn't actually pour concrete into in in the video. I'd love to see somebody trying that, and then using it afterwards.

Sand and water works best. That brings the weight to 27kg.

The size actually makes it easier to use. Uglier yes but more balanced for snatch’s etc as it’s easier on your wrist.

Shedite27 wrote: »

Ok. Seeing them now. €1,359.00 for two dumbbells. Think I'll pass.

How does the size make it easier to use?
    Wouldn't the bigger size means it's a longer lever, and there for puts more torque on the wrist.

I can't see prices on anything. Probably all expensive.

But everything looks like insanely well made. Dumbells with rotating handles. :cool:
    Even the humble cast kettlebell got a face lift

It's not two dumbbells. It's a set of 2 handles, 6 x 5kg plates, 4 x 2.5kg plates and 2 x 1.25kg plates and 4 collars.

That allows you to go from 2.5kg up to 40kg in 2.5kg increments with calibrated plates, which is equivalent to 16 pairs of fixed dumbbells.

Also, Eleiko are a premium brand but the quality of what you get is top tier.

I wouldn't be spending that kind of money either but what you're getting is as good a range of dumbbell weights as you'd get on a dumbbell rack in a lot of gyms

• Advertisement

I can't see prices on anything. Probably all expensive.

But everything looks like insanely well made. Dumbells with rotating handles. :cool:
    Even the humble cast kettlebell got a face lift

https://shop.eleiko.com/en-ie/equipment/dumbbells/rotating/3062828-eleiko-loadable-dumbbell-set-pl-40-kg

Do the prices not show for you?

Advertisement