Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leaving Cert Chemistry 2020

Options
  • 08-04-2020 12:19pm
    Site Banned Posts: 5

Not sure if we should just amalgamate all these prediction threads into one.

Anyways what are we thinking for chemisty

Q1 Titration (Redox most likely. Although the water of crystallisation did come up on my mock I think the determination of the amount of Iron or percentage (w/v) of bleach is more likely).

Q2 ***** OXIDATION OF PHENYLMETHANOL TO BENZOIC ACID *****
    Either that or maybe the extraction of clove oil from cloves?
    I can see the SEC examining two experiments in 1 question again so perhaps the preparation of soap? I might as well be listing all the experiments at this stage !

Q 3 Rates of Reaction?
    It'd be cruel of them to put up the Anion Tests/Oxidising ability of halogens tests, but is to be expected of the SEC.
    Someone told me they thought the recrystallisation of benzoic acid was a runner too, what do you guys think? The illustration of Le Chatelier's principle may well come up too..

From there, it's just short questions/atomic theory/fuels & heats of reactions/equillibrium etc

Do you think I'd be ok leaving out the three water titrations or are they tipped to come up?

Advertisement