Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tesco Home Delivery

• 07-04-2020 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭

Hi All,

I've been lucky to get a home delivery and wondering how it is done?

Should I open the boot of the car and just ask they put everything in there or something?

Boxes on the doorstep?

:confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

"Delivery" means they deliver to your home.

Who is it with?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Totally up to you op and I'm sure they've had some mad requests.....

A table outside may help or as you said car but usually they have the items in crates so you would have to remove the items and give back the trays....

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

If it's Tesco they arrive in a van with blue boxes with the foods.
    I think you have to empty the boxes outside your door and bring it all in, but the driver will tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lucalux

Got a delivery from Tesco yesterday (ordered three weeks ago) and wondered the same.

It was simple enough.
    First the driver said he'd bring the boxes as close to the door as I wanted, but I went out to him on driveway with a couple of storage boxes and a laundry basket.
    He left the boxes down and stood back, then i went over and transferred items into my own containers.

I wore disposable gloves and tried not to touch the tesco boxes at all just in case.

If your delivery is bagged it will be simpler, but just ask them what way they want to do it, and if you want to put stuff in your boot - open it for them first and stand back I guess.

I didnt need to sign for anything by the way, got the printout is all
    Pretty painless all in all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭jogdish

The guy arrives, asks if its your first time explains rules around what might have happened if an item was not in stock (you never pay extra, or get similar)

He leaves all the crates at your door and tells you to take your time, take the products one by one in house, re-stack the empty crates for him on the trolley, thank him and say goodbye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭ml100

Super value line the boxes with plastic bags, they bring the boxes to the door and lift out the plastic bag which you bring inside, I dont know why tesco don't line their boxes the same way, too much handling and too much time wasted by the delivery man hanging around while you empty the boxes.

ml100 wrote: »
    Super value line the boxes with plastic bags, they bring the boxes to the door and lift out the plastic bag which you bring inside, I dont know why tesco don't line their boxes the same way, too much handling and too much time wasted by the delivery man hanging around while you empty the boxes.

Use to, it's all to do with cost and waste....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

We get it once a week,

They offered to leave the blue baskets on the door and collect them the following week.

My partner has 2 conditions that make her higher risk - We've a sign on the door letting people know this, and to leave all deliveries on the door step.

After they are dropped off I get my gloves on and wipe down everything before bringing it into the house.

Tesco's and their delivery drivers have been amazing, we'd be lost without them.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cbreeze

My last delivery was left on the doorstep in the Tesco crates for collection when my next one comes.

This saves the driver a lot of time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭runswithascript

I received an email from Tesco this afternoon that they are bringing in changes to prioritise delivery slots for those over 65. Every person in my home is high risk due to illness, and one is 64 so will not be able to avail of the prioritisation.

Has anyone any idea how this will work for those of us not 65 or over?

I normally shop at Lidl and Aldi, picking up only a small number of items at Tesco, as my shop works out cheaper but I decided to go with Tesco because they have a large array of different items, and the €7.50 per month delivery charge seemed reasonable. I understand that Lidl's delivery partner Buymie is very expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,261 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Notsomindful

I received an email from Tesco this afternoon that they are bringing in changes to prioritise delivery slots for those over 65. Every person in my home is high risk due to illness, and one is 64 so will not be able to avail of the prioritisation.

Has anyone any idea how this will work for those of us not 65 or over?

I normally shop at Lidl and Aldi, picking up only a small number of items at Tesco, as my shop works out cheaper but I decided to go with Tesco because they have a large array of different items, and the €7.50 per month delivery charge seemed reasonable. I understand that Lidl's delivery partner Buymie is very expensive.

We are similar... 2 of us have asthma so are considered high risk. We are all well.under 65.
    There is a limit of 80 items per delivery too which is crazy.

There is 6 in our family ( us and 4 children) and we dont drive so we will end up booking 2 or 3 slots if we do need food, it's not thought through at all.

We are similar... 2 of us have asthma so are considered high risk. We are all well.under 65.

There is 6 in our family ( us and 4 children) and we dont drive so we will end up booking 2 or 3 slots if we do need food, it's not thought through at all.

Where are you located?

I'm sure someone could help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

I think surely if you got a letter from your doctor's saying you were at risk and ring Tesco and explain it and tell them you'll email a copy of the letter they will surely be able to make accommodation

Also I think each county has a service made of volunteers that are there for these circumstances let me have a look and I'll post what I can find

I think surely if you got a letter from your doctor's saying you were at risk and ring Tesco and explain it and tell them you'll email a copy of the letter they will surely be able to make accommodation

Also I think each county has a service made of volunteers that are there for these circumstances let me have a look and I'll post what I can find

Gaa clubs and such are....

What is your county?

Most counties have or are in the process of setting up whats called Covid 19 Emergency Response Groups

Kerry
    https://www.kerrycoco.ie/covid-19-community-response-new-freephone-line-1800-807-009/

Clare
    http://www.clarecoco.ie/covid19help/

I've seen others for Mayo, Cork City etc if you post your county/city I'll do some digging

Gaa clubs and such are....

They are all being pulled under one group with certain co councils from what I've seen. It makes it easier to locate help in different parts through ringing one number

• Registered Users Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Poochie05 wrote: »

Perfect pookie just what I was looking for thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

Poochie05 wrote: »

There is a link for the Community Call leaflet on the same site. It has more detailed info.

Look for this

The Community Call Leaflet - Advice and Contact Information for Your County (pdf, 610kb)

Here's the link if you don't want to look for it. It won't download automstically, you must ok it.
    https://www.housing.gov.ie/sites/default/files/publications/files/the_community_call_-_advice_and_contact_information_for_your_county.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭runswithascript

It seems they are prioritising for over 65s the first slots in the morning and a block of slots in the evening. There are less slots but it is still possible to book.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Anyone else having problems amending orders.
    I have been trying to amend an order for the past few days but keep getting an error not allowing me to proceed to checkout.

Tesco have told me it's happening for all their amended orders and have not been able to sort it out yet.

Any help would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 27,836 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Anyone else having problems amending orders.
    I have been trying to amend an order for the past few days but keep getting an error not allowing me to proceed to checkout.
    Tesco have told me it's happening for all their amended orders and have not been able to sort it out yet.
    Any help would be great

I tried to amend a Click & Collect on phone last week - got that error.
    I switched to laptop (also Chrome browser) it worked fine.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

odyssey06 wrote: »
    I tried to amend a Click & Collect on phone last week - got that error.
    I switched to laptop (also Chrome browser) it worked fine.

Thanks.
    I'm actually using Chrome myself.

I can't believe that Tesco can't sort it out by offering advice if it is just a browser issue. I've been on to them for the past few days now.

I'll try a couple of other browsers in the meantime.
    Thanks.

Anyone with any other ideas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I have been unable to choose any options regarding substitutions for my order. It says click your chosen option for each item in the basket, but nothing is clickable. I have tried it on android phone, ipad, laptop with Edge, Firefox and Chrome. It's like the option has been disabled - and fair enough if it has - but I wish they would put up a note stating that if it's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,836 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I have been unable to choose any options regarding substitutions for my order. It says click your chosen option for each item in the basket, but nothing is clickable. I have tried it on android phone, ipad, laptop with Edge, Firefox and Chrome. It's like the option has been disabled - and fair enough if it has - but I wish they would put up a note stating that if it's the case.

It has been disabled, dunno where I read the sentence - says they are only substituting essential items.
    But then in my last order they could substitute one penne pasta for another but didn't substitute own brand low fat milk which i thought strange.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lucalux

Substitutions are not being done as said above.

It says it at the top of the shopping basket page for me.

"Our teams continue to work diligently around the clock to restock our stores every day.

In light of the current demand for products, we are making some changes, which means we will only be able to provide substitutions on essential products (bread, milk, baby products including food and nappies for example) and not across our wider range."

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Yeah from the emails I got from Tesco it seems they are trying to give over 65 and those at a health risk priority but you need to ring them up and explain this, it cant be communicated through the website.

Was going to order from Tesco myself but of the 42 items in my basket almost half are unavailable so wont bother and just stick with the local supermarkets. Theres no doubt that they are completely snowed under and it wont be getting much better than the current situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Huawei Gallagher

Got a delivery last week. Guy would bring a crate of food to about 8 feet from the door and move back a suitable distance, then it is up to YOU to take the stuff out and into your boxes or bags. Then he would take crate away and bring next one.

I ordered a six pack of bottled water and a package of kitchen towels. I unfortunately looked at the pictures on the website thinking they were the full size ones I normally get and had a Father Dougal moment when six little bottles of water and a pack of kitchen towels the size of a box of tissues arrived!

Advertisement