Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Truck licence

Options
  • 07-03-2020 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭

hello all
    I'm a 50 y/o fella, crowd I worked for wanted to reduce staffing and I took the package to leave after 25 years, IT infrastructure work.
    Despite massive experience I'm actually finding it hard to get anywhere near comparable job, hate to say it but I may be a dinosaur already. I stayed in the tech side of things over the years where most my friends did that thing of climbing the management ladder I never wanted to do that. BUT the more I thought about it maybe this a chance to change direction....the two things I do get pleasure out of in life are a bit of DIY/building work and anything involving 2 or more wheels and an engine :)

I'm nowhere close to being retired, I'm fit and healthy touch wood, and what I'd love to do at this point is to become a professional driver.

What shape that takes I dunno - Artic, Bus? I guess it depends on where and what the work is to start somewhere. I'm not being cocky or anything but I reckon I could if taught drive anything. I have a clean B licence since my 18th birthday and I want to learn and take the tests including the CPC

* Do ye think a fella of 50 could start a new life as a driver?

* Are there good driving jobs out there at the minute or is it tricky to get a job?

* Recommend a driving school that could bring me from zero up to CPC level inside say (ambitious) 3 months?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,872 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

martco wrote: »

* Do ye think a fella of 50 could start a new life as a driver?
    Of course
    * Are there good driving jobs out there at the minute or is it tricky to get a job?
    Not really, you'll be lucky to make minimum wage as they only pay for driving not waiting around
    * Recommend a driving school that could bring me from zero up to CPC level inside say (ambitious) 3 months?
    Where are you based? It's doable
    thanks

See updates

Advertisement