Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)

Dublin - Significant reduction in rents coming?

1107108109110111113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭ denartha

In the 3 years before RPZ I never had a rent rise. Afterwards the landlord even whinged about the agent rounding it to the nearest €10.

Rent controls fundamentally just kicked the can down the road. It only kept rents down for the few years of lag time it takes for people to exit the market, and the government wasted that breathing space.

My agent didn't do any rounding. I was in hysterics when I got one of the rent increases and it was €1408.06c

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭ denartha

Caller: We're too rich for the housing list.

Joe: Me too

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭ Jmc25

Yes. At the moment there's no reward for good tenants and bad behaviour from tenants is not only protected from consequence but in many cases actively rewarded.

Protecting these tenants is of benefit to absolutely nobody except them, and perhaps the state, who would of course end up becoming the landlord of last resort.

Advertisement