Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbour blocking driveway - legally can I have them towed?

Options
  • 27-03-2020 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

first world problem but really getting on my wick

the neighbour next door is parking outside my house and blocking driveway partially (about 25% of driveway).

I mean I can get in and out but its very rude knowingly doing this when there is :mad:other parking spots

what rights here do I have?

spoke with them before and they haven't changed their behaviour

anyone have similar issue - advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,247 ✭✭✭✭endacl

If you report it the car will be lifted.

On the other hand, if you can tolerate it for a few more weeks, perhaps the guards have enough to be doing at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

that's not on...very rude.....are they undesirable types?? rough?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭signostic

This applies in the UK possibly here as well.

If someone is blocking your driveway, or their wheel is over the dropped kerb, they are committing a parking offence.

There are two types of dropped kerbs: those for pedestrians, especially those with buggies or in wheelchairs, and those for drivers to access driveways.

Vehicles parked across dropped kerbs can be ticketed, even if they're not fully blocking it.

But parking very close to a dropped kerb or directly opposite it isn't illegal, even if it restricts access.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

mkdon wrote: »
    first world problem but really getting on my wick

the neighbour next door is parking outside my house and blocking driveway partially (about 25% of driveway).

I mean I can get in and out but its very rude knowingly doing this when there is :mad:other parking spots

what rights here do I have?

spoke with them before and they haven't changed their behaviour

anyone have similar issue - advice?

Knock on the door and ask them to move there car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Had similar problem with someone visiting my neighbour.

Completely blocking our driveway instead of blocking our neighbours who she was visiting?!

Turned a blind eye first couple of times I noticed it because we weren’t going out anywhere.

Third time we were returning home and driveway completely blocked again so had to call in to get car moved. I was very courteous, visitor wasn’t apologetic at all.

Has happened at least once more since but again let it slide, not going anywhere. More fool me I suppose.

Some people are just fúcking idiots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,919 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

There was a fûckwit doing this outside my grandparents driveway years ago. A neighbor from across the road. The solution was to put an orange traffic cone down, just on the road at the very edge of the drive in... or dropped kerb as I just found it to be called, my grandad put two bags of sand up inside the cone so it wouldn’t be blown away. It worked as the people who owned the car were the sort of people there was no talking to. The cone was eventually nicked but the message got through as there was no repeat transgressions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

Find a way of blocking their car in. Keep forcing them to knock on your door. They might eventually get the message.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Locked for a clean up and move to legal discussions.
    Read the local charter. AH type replies will see you banned.
    Also I here the mods have a torture chamber.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement