Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maternity bra - measuring, fitting and social distancing

• 20-03-2020 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi all,

Sorry if this seems such a trivial topic, but has anyone had issues in terms of needing measured/fitting for maternity bras while trying to observe social distancing?

Currently 34 wks, and very much grown out of my current mat bras, so much so that they are giving me an ache around the rib cage. I dnt want to go to the shops unnecessarily and also don’t want to make a shop staff member feel more compromised than they possibly already feel.

Has anyone had a fitting done recently and if so, did you have any issues? Or is this even an issue!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I know debenhams have stopped bra fitting, personal shopping etc so I’d say a lot of shops would be the same. I wouldn’t be doing it myself.

Have you tried measuring yourself using Boob or bust. https://booborbust.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Dahdum wrote: »
    Hi all,

Sorry if this seems such a trivial topic, but has anyone had issues in terms of needing measured/fitting for maternity bras while trying to observe social distancing?

Currently 34 wks, and very much grown out of my current mat bras, so much so that they are giving me an ache around the rib cage. I dnt want to go to the shops unnecessarily and also don’t want to make a shop staff member feel more compromised than they possibly already feel.

Has anyone had a fitting done recently and if so, did you have any issues? Or is this even an issue!

Thanks in advance!

You could just order those maternity/nursing bras online like look like sports bras. I got mine from amazon a few years ago. They come in S, M, L, XL. They aren’t great will be do the job!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

just try some on until you find one that fits!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 aloevera33

Wesser wrote: »
    just try some on until you find one that fits!!!!

Yeah think mothercare etc closed now so your best bet prob just order online. H&M do them. If your unsure about sizes just get one that doesnt clip close.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Dahdum

Thanks guy, I appreciate the responses!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Tipp star

I measured myself last week... two measurements. I then googled online bra measurements and put in my measurements on a site. I ordered nursing bras on m&s and find them great. Its not a bad idea to buy some back extenders as i’ve changed my size several times in this pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

H&M do maternity sleep bras that come in S/M/L so they don’t need an exact fit. I loved them and wore them daytime too. Now I’m not exactly well endowed so they were supportive enough for me, they may not be for everyone.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,901 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I used a site called Nursing Bra Shop uk, and just ordered online. I bought ones called Bravado Body Silk Seamless and they go S,M, L, XL, XXL etc. There's a size guide, and I found that because it wasn't a specific size like 36D etc they worked well as my shape changed through the first few weeks of giant engorged boobs, to getting back more to my normal size.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Crybabygeeks

Toots wrote: »
    I used a site called Nursing Bra Shop uk, and just ordered online. I bought ones called Bravado Body Silk Seamless and they go S,M, L, XL, XXL etc. There's a size guide, and I found that because it wasn't a specific size like 36D etc they worked well as my shape changed through the first few weeks of giant engorged boobs, to getting back more to my normal size.

Are they comfy toots? I'm probably Between a large and a XL but not sure. Normally a 36 D. Last time I got a nursing bra on Arnotts which was unreal after failed ones from mothercare but will probably have to buy online this time.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,901 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Yeah, I found them great. They come with these pad things that look a bit like shoulder pads, but they go in the bra to give an extra layer so your nipples aren't visible through your top, or so the outline of the breast pads aren't visible.

My little girl is 2 now and I still wear them on days I can't be bothered wearing a wired bra :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Crybabygeeks

Toots wrote: »
    Yeah, I found them great. They come with these pad things that look a bit like shoulder pads, but they go in the bra to give an extra layer so your nipples aren't visible through your top, or so the outline of the breast pads aren't visible.

My little girl is 2 now and I still wear them on days I can't be bothered wearing a wired bra :pac:

Amazing! I'll definitely invest. What is the sizing like?

I found the back sizing spot on, but I ended up buying a second one a size up when I had my baby because my cup size went went up quite a bit once my milk came in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Would anyone have any idea if my bra is marking the sides of my boobs, am I better going up a cup or up in the back? I’m an ff so don’t know if the non sized ones would work.

Advertisement