Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who would you prefer managing the Corona virus pandemic: FG or SF

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

I'd dislike FG as much as SF. But in this time of crisis there needs to a lesson learnt from history, the US President Lincoln's cabinet of all parties. This allowed a unified front of talented individuals to serve their country. That there is no unity government tackling Corvid-19 does not reflect well on the politial class.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Far better outcomes for the island if decisions were being made in synergy between the two political jurisdictions than separately.

Diseases don’t recognise borders therefore a 32 county cross border approach to combating this disease would have best outcomes for all people on this island.

Wouldn't make a jot of difference. NI still follow the directives from the UK, so no matter what SF wanted to do it wouldn't get any traction with Westminster or the Unionists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

TheCitizen wrote: »
    :pac: pathetic blueshirt bullsht. All parties are behind the current efforts to deal with the virus, don't be so childish trying to pointscore off it. Pathetic stuff.

Couldn’t care about whatever blue shirt bollixolgy you are going on with, I wouldn’t let SF organise a ****in birthday party never mind a national response to a situation like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,277 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Manach wrote: »
    I'd dislike FG as much as SF. But in this time of crisis there needs to a lesson learnt from history, the US President Lincoln's cabinet of all parties. This allowed a unified front of talented individuals to serve their country. That there is no unity government tackling Corvid-19 does not reflect well on the politial class.

I agree. I think there should be a broad cross party consensus on this and the sort of bickering that you see from FG fans on here should be put aside until the crisis abates. A commentator on The Tonight Show last night said as much; all hands to the pump, all politicians should be involved and should combine their efforts on this.

Blaze420 wrote: »
    Couldn’t care about whatever blue shirt bollixolgy you are going on with, I wouldn’t let SF organise a ****in birthday party never mind a national response to a situation like this.

:pac: Such bitterness. Grow up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

You do seem to be the most bitter person in here. For someone who said it’s a Bullsh1t thread, you must have the most posts on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭landofthetree

SF wouldn't be able to make the cuts that will needed to be made when the crisis is over.

They will run away from power for the next few years. They will moan about austerity and say it isn't need.

You do seem to be the most bitter person in here. For someone who said it’s a Bullsh1t thread, you must have the most posts on it!
    SF wouldn't be able to make the cuts that will needed to be made when the crisis is over.

They will run away from power for the next few years. They will moan about austerity and say it isn't need.

And the bitterness continues. Pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

I didn't see any bitterness in the post. Dont let your blinked support of a party stop you for seeing others who believe in somthing else as bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

And to think we once used to speak about Shinnerbots.

What should we call our YFG online cubscouts? Bluebots?

To use a crisis like this as a platform for points scoring is scummy politics.

• Advertisement

Has anyone seen SF ?
    Just asking for a friend.

What do you want them to be doing right now? Being awkward or by letting the current government try get us through this? Catch yourself on.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,272 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Thought Varadkar was very statesman like last night delivering the speech, Harris has stepped up as well over the last few weeks.

Thought Varadkar was very statesman like last night delivering the speech, Harris has stepped up as well over the last few weeks.

I think they did fine. SF will not bicker from the sidelines like FG fanboys on here are doing

I didn't see any bitterness in the post. Dont let your blinked support of a party stop you for seeing others who believe in somthing else as bad.

What “bad” have SF done on this? Cop on and grow up and stop trying to play politics with the current crisis. The election result was hard to take for you fanboys, get over it, most people have other things on their minds now.

And the bitterness continues. Pathetic.

When you cant debate the point start the insults.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,386 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I think they did fine. SF will not bicker from the sidelines like FG fanboys on here are doing

Lol. FG aren’t on the sidelines though? Unlike do nothing SF they’re front and centre tackling the challenges and dealing with all the ****e. This crisis proves how useless SF are, and if you don’t want to believe it just look up the road at Belfast. Absolutely rubbish and as usual Northern Nationalists have had to look to FG for leadership. Just as they had to all through Brexit. SF are a waste of space and effort and it’s a waste of energy even discussing them- basically a party of made up of honed social media cranks and conspiracy theorists

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

road_high wrote: »
    Lol. FG aren’t on the sidelines though? Unlike do nothing SF they’re front and centre tackling the challenges and dealing with all the ****e. This crisis proves how useless SF are, and if you don’t want to believe it just look up the road at Belfast. Absolutely rubbish and as usual Northern Nationalists have had to look to FG for leadership. Just as they had to all through Brexit. SF are a waste of space and effort and it’s a waste of energy even discussing them- basically a party of made up of honed social media cranks and conspiracy theorists

Exhibit A. Scummy politics

https://mobile.twitter.com/irishexaminer/status/1240361848198684672

Sin Féin haven't ruled out idea of forming national government to tackle Covid-19

What “bad” have SF done on this? Cop on and grow up and stop trying to play politics with the current crisis. The election result was hard to take for you fanboys, get over it, most people have other things on their minds now.

Your throwing the baby out alot . Chill corporal. Youd be surprise alot of people would support any party if it make sence wants been sold. SF just dont have want it takes. But you seem to be obsessed with getting your point scoring then mention the virus as a get out argument card.

Sin Féin haven't ruled out idea of forming national government to tackle Covid-19

They are more interested in power than focusing on the issue at hand and making suggestions on how best to proceed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

its like they're the screaming child demanding everyone does what they want , but then when the other children just decide to exclude them they turn round and try to compromise to stay included.

I want a government united across the political spectrum, working together to combat this crisis. Finger pointing won't solve anything, those who continue to attack FG or SF are only hampering the effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,923 ✭✭✭threeball

Mary Lou was on newstalk earlier throwing her few digs but had to be asked numerous times whether she would enter a national unity government, the jist was no but I'll say we'll explore it anyway. Didn't seem to want to have much to do with anything until this is done bar bitch from the sideline.

Id say if you told her she could be taoiseach tomorrow she'd run a mile. Still beating the health and housing drum.

She squirmed at the question, basically said we'll look at it but it won't work. In other words I want to be no where near this, a health service under unprecedented pressure and an economy about to tank. Ivan Yates had to twist her arm to even get an answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,192 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Yurt! wrote: »

Blue bots? Fanboys?

Bitterness?

I think we can all recognise bitterness when we see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,192 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Yurt! wrote: »

Blue bots? Fanboys?

Bitterness?

I think we can all recognise bitterness when we see it.

threeball wrote: »
    She squirmed at the question, basically said we'll look at it but it won't work. In other words I want to be no where near this, a health service under unprecedented pressure and an economy about to tank. Ivan Yates had to twist her arm to even get an answer.

She wouldn’t have had any right answer in your eyes.

She wouldn’t have had any right answer in your eyes.

Just say yes, I want to be involved, we'll deal with government formation in 6 months. But she dithered and bobbed and weaved. Typical really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

87% now favouring FG in the poll. That’s fairly damning for the other two. Especially FF. looks like they really are becoming irrelevant.

• Advertisement

threeball wrote: »
    Mary Lou was on newstalk earlier throwing her few digs but had to be asked numerous times whether she would enter a national unity government, the jist was no but I'll say we'll explore it anyway. Didn't seem to want to have much to do with anything until this is done bar bitch from the sideline.

Id say if you told her she could be taoiseach tomorrow she'd run a mile. Still beating the health and housing drum.

Didnt hear it. Any suggestions from there health experts on what to do with virus how to tackle it etc...

Advertisement