Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CORONAVIRUS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,714 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Info sign up at the Retail Park Today..

https://www.facebook.com/magnumlady/videos/10157609112297424/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

sligojoek wrote: »
    Went to Ben's hardware Drumcliffe today for a few bits and they're closed till further notice.

Yep, hardware shops have the option to stay open (If they can adhere to social distancing otherwise they must close like everywhere else has done)
    Safer for staff too & responsible ownership.

Are the bits needed urgent? Might be able to get them in Brooks in Finisklin instead. (Ring in advance to avoid any queue)

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Confirmed!)

Looks like UK are deferring MOT's for another 6 months due to coronavirus.

I might be wrong but I cannot see , or havent heard of our NCT centres here deferring the NCT or closing?

Just the other day I was hearing on local radio that someone took their car into Sligo NCT Centre and the ramps were still out of action.

90264156_3575981235805715_822571578184171520_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=ca434c&_nc_ohc=CX74uOc8jsAAX_-33YB&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=57435aa6482b81474f25f38bde8fa536&oe=5E9F4A8A

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I did the test in Sligo in Feb. Rang back for lift appointment and the only one I could get is ballina Friday week. Seriously thinking about deferring it.

sligojoek wrote: »
    I did the test in Sligo in Feb. Rang back for lift appointment and the only one I could get is ballina Friday week. Seriously thinking about deferring it.

Sligo lifts not due to be back working until end of April at the earliest.
    Any test done in the meantime will have to go back for the lift test.

Ballina lift tests are working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 CawleyCulkin

(TLDR: yes you definitely should)

Should you be covering your mouth and nose with a mask during this pandemic?

Does it have to be a proper mask, or will a scarf or something homemade be good enough?

Do yourself, and everyone else a favour, and watch this 30-min talk by world famous data-scientist Jeremy Howard. It's fairly boring but ALL the information is there.

LINK: ( replace (dot) with a . ) - youtube(dot)com/watch?v=BoDwXwZXsDI

(can someone else post the link properly coz I'm not allowed to, thanks)

Also, this needs to be a nationwide thing for it to work, so please share this with other parts of Ireland.

P.S. - you should probably fast forward to 5:15 to get to the actual subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

• Registered Users Posts: 45,819 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Last 2 posts moved to existing thread on the same topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Has anyone encountered any checkpoints locally?

Reports of them in other parts of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

It's Sligo. We don't have enough gardai to fight criminals;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Was out for a cycle today and there was a chackpoint both ways the town side of the summerhill roundabout about half way up the hill.

dingding wrote: »
    Was out for a cycle today and there was a chackpoint both ways the town side of the summerhill roundabout about half way up the hill.

Yeah my wife actually got stopped coming home from work there.

Were you stopped? Wondering if they said much about you out cycling?

The checkpoints are just informative at the moment....Giving a chance for people to adjust. The new law should hopefully be used with zero tolerance for persistent offenders. (€2,500 fine or 6 months in prison when convicted)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

Did I hear right that there is a once off time period in the next couple of days where you are allowed to go to your workplace in order to allow people to get files, etc to enable to work from home?

Did I hear right that there is a once off time period in the next couple of days where you are allowed to go to your workplace in order to allow people to get files, etc to enable to work from home?
    Yes, employee's/employers have grace until 6pm this evening(Mon) to get organised to work from home (if it's possible)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

rizzodun wrote: »
    Yeah my wife actually got stopped coming home from work there.

Were you stopped? Wondering if they said much about you out cycling?

No they just waved us on. We were exercising within 2K of our house.

They had someone stopped for a good while, either knew him and catching up or giving him a good telling off. Could not make out which.

BronsonTB wrote: »
    Yes, employee's/employers have grace until 6pm this evening(Mon) to get organised to work from home (if it's possible)

It'll be interesting from tomorrow. I walk to work and can't really work from home. I've a signed letter with me, better make sure to bring it!

This is very good what Mullins 24hr station (ex applegreen) have done in sligo:

91310844_2553572451411215_6116278401553661952_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=tgTdLmkMUrQAX_b3VgD&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=afcd5a07c6ffa59a3be195dee7923497&oe=5EADC67B

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭MountainAshIRL

Is there anywhere with a list if stores now open in sligo? Or could we start one here?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Sligo hub are very up to date with all things like this

https://sligohub.com/sligo-shops-reopening-from-june-8th/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Black Bart

Can somebody tell me why the 'steam' clothing that has been tried on by customers in some shops?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Black Bart wrote: »
    Can somebody tell me why the 'steam' clothing that has been tried on by customers in some shops?
    It's been seen as effective, but not conclusive, in killing viruses.

Typically, it's recommended where detergent cannot be used as far as I'm aware.

For retailers selling clothes.. it's probably a combination of speed (to get it back on display) and material (depending on clothing, washing not recommended).

Anything happening in relation to lock downs following the outbreak of Covid that has affected up to 14 people in the same family in Sligo? The rumour mill was on overtime here in Ballybofey where people were saying that Sligo had gone into lock down. Thought Id ask so as to get the right version of events.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Satturnfalls

Lol. Sligo isnt on lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Nah, load of bollix. No lockdown over a handful of cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Lizardlegz

Self isolating is not getting home and going for dinner with his parents! And if he was told to self isolate the brother who collected him should have also been self isolating. No symptoms of Covid.... then why go for testing the next day. The stupidity of some people is astonishing. The mind boggles....

Nah, load of bollix. No lockdown over a handful of cases.
    Thats what I thought. :)

My son was down at the local supermarket earlier today and one of the workers there was saying that quite a few people had come in saying Sligo (or parts of) was in lock down.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Black Bart

So much for pulling together during this Covid-19 pandemic, a well known pub in the suburbs of Sligo town this evening drew the attention of three Garda patrol cars and one paddy wagon complete with eight Gardai. No social distancing, no allocated time, and no proper food service available.

Of course it didn't help when two of the local thugs decided to assault one of the Gardai that was present, any wonder the Covid-19 cases are rising, the sooner this pub is closed down the better. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Black Bart wrote: »
    So much for pulling together during this Covid-19 pandemic, a well known pub in the suburbs of Sligo town this evening drew the attention of three Garda patrol cars and one paddy wagon complete with eight Gardai. No social distancing, no allocated time, and no proper food service available.

Of course it didn't help when two of the local thugs decided to assault one of the Gardai that was present, any wonder the Covid-19 cases are rising, the sooner this pub is closed down the better. :mad:

You'd like to think that come licence renewal time that it wouldn't be renewed. But this is <mod snip>. Methinks there'll be no hassle there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I passed there yesterday evening about 6.00 and there were at least 10 people outside smoking. They weren't all waiting for chips.

Advertisement