Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creche closures

Options
  • 14-03-2020 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

Hi there. Quick check on what creches are doing fee wise? Ours still wants to be paid for the next two weeks which I understand and am happy to do short term. Is everyone else in the same boat?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Hi there. Quick check on what creches are doing fee wise? Ours still wants to be paid for the next two weeks which I understand and am happy to do short term. Is everyone else in the same boat?

There’s another thread on this in the parenting forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Motherof123

My kids aren't in a Creche but I wouldn't be happy with that at all.
    The staff are all claiming jobseekers.
    They won't be payin Their staff.
    Even if they asked Ye to pay a percentage but no way full

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Our creche are not paying staff over next 2 weeks so it would be even worse form to still charge parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,842 ✭✭✭daheff

I’d be giving them notice that if the shutdown continues you won’t be paying them any further until it reopens.

Tell them you are sorry and don’t want to do it but cannot afford to pay childcare if you can’t use it

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Ours are not paying staff, and made it very clear to not pay them for the next 2 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Like every business they should have funds set aside to ensure the business survives in times like these. If they don't, they shouldn't be in business in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Crybabygeeks

Ah sorry, didn't realise there was another thread. Don't know what to do really. We may lose our place if we don't pay :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭enricoh

Hoboo wrote: »
    Like every business they should have funds set aside to ensure the business survives in times like these. If they don't, they shouldn't be in business in the first place.

There you have it folks, spoken like a true trade union head. close them all n let the government run them so.
    Oh and sod all the pubs, hotels restaurants, taxis etc etc

Advertisement