Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access to Garda and court records

Options
  • 11-03-2020 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi all

can an employer in another eu country access Garda and court records ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Lmklad

whatsapp wrote: »
    Hi all

can an employer in another eu country access Garda and court records ?

Re Garda: only if for vetting and the subject has given permission for the vetting.

Re Courts: most Court proceedings are public record anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭brian_t

Lmklad wrote: »
    Re Garda: only if for vetting and the subject has given permission for the vetting.

Here vetting is carried out by the Gardai and not employers. Surely it is the same in other countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Lmklad

brian_t wrote: »
    Here vetting is carried out by the Gardai and not employers. Surely it is the same in other countries.

What I meant was an employer can request vetting from the Gardai only if the employee gives permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭segosego89

Lmklad wrote: »

Re Courts: most Court proceedings are public record anyway.
    Sorry for going off topic but can I ask how does somebody access court proceedings of a particular case online if they're public? I've been perusing the Courts.ie website and I can't seem to find a straightforward way to find a specific case...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Have you still not handed yourself in over your benchwarrant Op?

Been a few threads now you've started on this

Mod
    Play the ball rather than the man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,258 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

segosego89 wrote: »
    Sorry for going off topic but can I ask how does somebody access court proceedings of a particular case online if they're public? I've been perusing the Courts.ie website and I can't seem to find a straightforward way to find a specific case...

Only written judgements are published on courts.ie. So generally high court and court of appeal only. For district court cases you need to check local newspapers and hope they still have a court reporter.

Advertisement