Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Clerical Officer 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 midlands091315

I can’t remember exact name but yes it shows payments and amounts from one date to another so basically covers your unemployment gap that’s all they need

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭2021_AP

You are entitled to parental leave so that's a given, technically they can refuse dates twice but I have not experienced that in my time here

Swy can be refused if too many apply, it's up to your line manager as far as I know. In my experience, most offices will try and accommodate though I think

I have found the 4 stations i have been in accommodating and have yet to have any of my requests refused

It used to be just usual hours, flexitime with core hours 10-12.30 and 2.30-4 but since covid it's office and station dependant. In my office basically everyone is wfh except a few who dont want too, 2 of those work a fairly regular 9 to 5 and one works a later evening shift as that's what suits her and it stops office overcrowding

In my experience very little overtime for garda staff

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Koolkat1

Thank you for the feedback I should be placed soon i hope as the reference was requested from my job.

Still no idea were I am going doh

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Elzbellz

Hi,

I worked as TCO for 8 months and then made permanent, I took 3 weeks off before I started permanent CO contract, I have am now two months into permanent contract, I would like to apply for a mortgage, does anyone know if I requested a salary cert from people point would there be any chance they would sign it off for me for the bank? I was just wondering as I would have almost one year continuous service although not yet permanent, maybe if I requested it after a few more months? Any thoughts? Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Dublinfan2020

How long do you have to be in the job before being asked to be moved closer to home? Is it easy to move departments or stations?

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭cvb03

Hi, I am in a similar position to yourself. I asked my local HR and they said they could write me up a letter stating I was a TCO and now I am in a permanent contract. I know some mortgage providers take your CV and experience into consideration if not yet permanent. Best of luck.

Also wondering if you can move from AGS to a completely different area in the civil service

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Conqueror

For your first question, I assume you mean how long you have to wait before being able to move. You can apply as soon as you start, but you must 1) pass probation and 2) meet the following criteria before becoming eligible to move:

(a) 2 years’ service, or more, in the current grade;

(b) 2 years’ service, or more, in the current organisation;

(c) 2 years’ service, or more, in the current geographical location; and

(d) PMDS/performance rating of ‘Satisfactory’ for the previous working year.  

https://hr.per.gov.ie/en/corporate-pages/career/mobility/ is a handy guide that explains everything, and includes a link to an interactive map that shows all organisations and grades across the country. How easy it is to move depends on what organisation you would like to join, which zone you want to work in, and how many posts are available. It's not uncommon for people to wait many years before a post at their grade comes up in their chosen zone, simply because nothing comes up.

On your second question: yes, you can move from AGS to another Civil Service body.

How do you apply? Do you have to wait to get an email? And can you state you want to move organisation?

• Advertisement

You don't get an email; you have to be proactive and apply yourself. How you apply depends on whether your organisation uses HR Shared Services (aka PeoplePoint) or not. The following will assist: https://hr.per.gov.ie/en/corporate-pages/career/mobility/apply-now-for-civil-service-mobility/

When you make an application, you list one or two zones you want to work in, and list up to a maximum of five organisations in each zone you wish to work for. The interactive map mentioned in my last post will let you know what organisations are in the zones you want to apply for.

Generally, if you're looking to move zones, you can apply to work for your current organisation or a new one. If you're looking to stay within the same zone, you can only apply for other organisations via HR Mobility. If you want to stay in the same organisation (i.e. you work for Social Protection in Upper Gardiner Street but want to transfer to Social Protection in Dún Laoghaire, both in Zone 46), I believe you have to go through the Internal Transfer List operated by local HR.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Moomooland

FYI

I emailed PAS this morning they’re not calling anymore ppl for the CO Comp 2020 for Cork and Limerick panels. 😕😕

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭ellejay

Thanks Conqueror, your post is really helpful.

Question for you though - on the map, when you click on the dot and a window pops up telling you number of positions, do you know if that's the number of vacant positions or the number of positions in that department please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dipti1520

Hello guys,

Last week Monday my E vetting process finished and they sent the disclosure to PAS same day for Dublin. Since then I have not heard from them. Does anyone know how long it takes to get placement and does anyone know in which department they are recruiting nowadays?

It's supposed to be the total number of both filled and unfilled posts, bearing in mind that there might not be any vacancies at all. However, the right information isn't always given. For example, Pearse Museum (run by the OPW) in Ballyboden has 1 EO and no other staff. Now, I wouldn't expect there to be an Assistant Secretary or a Principal Officer, but only one Civil Servant seems a little strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Lena034

I was the same. Just got word there looking for current employer ref but not yet assigned. I was told yesterday when I asked what the hold up was and they were saying it was taking a little longer to process the vetting their end. I'm in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dipti1520

Oh okay. Yes I am Dublin too. On Tuesday this week they asked me for my current employer’s reference and haven’t heard from them.

I am supposed to get placement in this week but don’t know what is going on? Did they ask you about your choice of department for work during the interview?

They asked me “if I would be selected then in which department I would like to work “

I hope next week we both can hear a good news 😊 fingers crossed 🤞.

All the best 👍🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭vatsie76

Hello .. I got assigned DOT today .. any idea about possible location in Dublin? How is this department? Not heard much about it in this forum 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 46 imagusaran

I've been working in DOT since the middle of this year and it's located in Merrion Square, has great transport links to the Dart/Train, Luas, Dublin Bus and Bus Eireann. It's a great place to work and everyone is so friendly and helpful. There are great development opportunities and supports too. There are certain times of the year where it's really busy and others when it's quiet. The vast majority of us are wfh, and if you are wfh also, you will need to go in on your first day to pick up your laptop and meet your line manager. You will also be assigned a buddy who may or may not be on your team but they're great as you can ask them questions you may have that you might not want to ask your line manger and should help you settle in. You can dm me here if you need any help with anything, best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 cianpower89

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone here is waiting on Clerical Officer - Customs and Revenue for Dublin or have any updates?. I have received no word that this campaign is ending in the new year (is this unusual) . Im Currently post interview and waiting to be called for clearance stage in Batch 8. Does anyone know if all panels are ending in the new year.

Thanks in advance :)

• Advertisement

@cianpower89 The comp is closing Jan/Feb 2022. I emailed PAS last week they are not calling anymore from my counties. As you’re post interview and waiting on clearance, I would say you’ll get a position no bother

• Registered Users Posts: 20 cianpower89

@Moomooland thanks for that info. Fingers crossed. Thats a shame about your counties, where abouts were you in the whole process ?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭vatsie76

@imagusaran thanks a lot 🙏it’s such a big relief to know !!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 imagusaran

No problem!! Btw, there are two stages of vetting. One is the standard one and the other is enhanced vetting. HR in DOT should contact you about the enhanced one but it takes 4 to 6 weeks to be processed, mine was finished on the Friday of Week 3. It feels like such a long wait but hang in there! As I said, feel free to dm me if you need anything else at all and I'll be happy to help 😊

@cianpower89 I'm way out of the running for the 2020 panel unfortunately, but I live in hope for the next panel. I’ll have my fingers crossed for you, hope you get some news soon 🤞🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Christae1989

Got allocated a position in

Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection, Sligo Town, Co. Sligo does anyone know from address if this is the summerhill office or the cranmore intreo office

HI

Does anyone know what departments are based in garda hq phoenix park

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Lena034

Hi All,

Just being assigned to Legal Aid Board. Was just wondering if anyone else has been placed there what location? There's one local to me, so keeping fingers crossed its there, but I'd say it'll be city centre based. So just looking for a rough gauge on where is being mostly filled. Thank you 😊 location is Dublin

Post edited by Lena034 on

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Polly50

Just wanted to come on a wish everyone a happy Christmas! I started in Dep Justice in November and I really love it. I am based in Immigration/repatriation and the work is really interesting. I work from home two days one week and three days the following week on rotation. There seems to be lots of vacancies in the department so if you are offered one, I highly recommend working here 😊

I

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭BSK

Hi,

I got assigned a position in the Revenue in Dublin in November but haven’t headed anything since. My girlfriend is due in January, I made sure to tell them in the interview and they said it’s fine.

Just wondering how it works with been off for 2 weeks possibly during training?

Thanks

Advertisement