Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,974 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How are the cases still high? Is it the easy fast spread of the Delta variant?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,632 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    We've only just started vaccinating 35-39 year olds. There's everyone not at high risk from 0 to 34 unvaccinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Cases mean nothing. No increase in hospitals or anything. It’s much ado about nothing. Variants is just scare mongering

• Registered Users Posts: 7,140 ✭✭✭corkie

https://twitter.com/roinnslainte/status/1409151138012749830

As of midnight, Saturday 26th June, we are reporting
    340*
    confirmed cases of #COVID19.

15 in ICU. 47 in hospital.

*Daily case numbers may change due to future data review, validation and update.

At least the cases are down again and around the daily average?

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Treehelpplease

Cases mean nothing. No increase in hospitals or anything. It’s much ado about nothing. Variants is just scare mongering
    I think the word you're looking for is transparency. Would you prefer they just not talk about developments in the virus, regardless of their size and impact? If you don't want to hear about it there's nothing stopping you from ignoring it.

• Advertisement

I think the word you're looking for is transparency. Would you prefer they just not talk about developments in the virus, regardless of their size and impact? If you don't want to hear about it there's nothing stopping you from ignoring it.
    How exactly is COVID supposed to be ignored, it's literally everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

I have fully agreed all previous lockdowns and measures were necessary. Must say though, I am not sure about the need to extend restrictions now. I haven't looked into the numbers too much recently so open to being corrected, but feels like it is time to open up with vulnerable all vaccinated more or less.

Maybe 2 more weeks max to get a few remaining older people waiting on second astra vaccine covered...but anything longer seems unjustified.

How exactly is COVID supposed to be ignored, it's literally everywhere
    Outside of this thread, Covid-19 never crosses my mind. Mask wearing has become second nature. It's pretty easy to ignore. I don't like football, the Euros are everywhere atm yet I never hear anything about it other than the odd co-worker saying something. The only time I hear people talk about covid irl are people who are supposedly anti it or sick of it, yet always seem to talk about it.

a good way to ignore it if you are sick of hearing about it is by stopping to visit the coronavirus thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Mask wearing has become second nature. .

Oh My God. 🀦ðŸ¼*♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Got my first dose at 9;30 in the GP, Delighted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,140 ✭✭✭corkie

https://twitter.com/roinnslainte/status/1409542128892530693

As of midnight, Sunday 27th June, we are reporting
    305*
    cases of #COVID19.

16 in ICU. 49 in hospital.

*Daily case numbers may change due to future data review, validation and update.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Outside of this thread, Covid-19 never crosses my mind. Mask wearing has become second nature. It's pretty easy to ignore. I don't like football, the Euros are everywhere atm yet I never hear anything about it other than the odd co-worker saying something. The only time I hear people talk about covid irl are people who are supposedly anti it or sick of it, yet always seem to talk about it.

a good way to ignore it if you are sick of hearing about it is by stopping to visit the coronavirus thread.

Not even in work? Am in retail and all I'm hearing lately is stuff about this bloody variant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Im sorry but no way is Covid pretty easy to ignore

Small slight hospital increase

Waterford a worry, quite high

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

What's the current situation with respect to buses and covid restrictions?

There are starting to be noises about people coming back to the office now, but are buses still on limited capacity (every second seat etc.)? Do the buses keep picking up people if the 'allocated' seats are full, or do they just drive on by?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

who_me wrote: »
    What's the current situation with respect to buses and covid restrictions?

There are starting to be noises about people coming back to the office now, but are buses still on limited capacity (every second seat etc.)? Do the buses keep picking up people if the 'allocated' seats are full, or do they just drive on by?

50% capacity I believe.

351 cases today.

Continued reduction in cases in Cork.
    282 cases reported in the 14 days to Sunday with a current 5 day average of 14 cases per day.

Rfrip wrote: »
    Im sorry but no way is Covid pretty easy to ignore

It is. For me anyway, and I say a lot of people if they actually tried. However, I actually want to apologize. i am speaking from a place of privelege in that I am able to just forget about it. while I still stand by what I said, I think it was probably better for me to just follow my own advice and ignore it. So apologies to anyone who took it the wrong way, know it wasnt my intention.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Got first dose of Pfizer today in City Hall - in and out within half an hour; very impressed with the set up and was in the booth at the exact time of my appt. I’m delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

leahyl wrote: »
    Got first dose of Pfizer today in City Hall - in and out within half an hour; very impressed with the set up and was in the booth at the exact time of my appt. I’m delighted!

Yep...got second dose there today. Walked in at 1320 and out at 1340. Brilliant organisation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Janedoe10

Ludo wrote: »
    Yep...got second dose there today. Walked in at 1320 and out at 1340. Brilliant organisation.

That’s a great turnaround 20 min ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭notAMember

Second jab appointment just came through for me.

In Killarney.

I live walking distance to PUC and got first in CH. why on earth is my appointment in another county?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,183 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

notAMember wrote: »

In Killarney.

I live walking distance to PUC and got first in CH. why on earth is my appointment in another county?

I got the impression before that certain centers were working on certain jabs and that’s about it.(If that makes sense)

notAMember wrote: »

In Killarney.

I'd ring HSE Live. That's ridiculous.

+ 1

Another county makes no sense

I'm from North Cork, So the areas local center would be Mallow.
    With dose one some people were sent to Killarney, Cork, Mallow.
    Another couple in County Limerick both were getting the Astra Vaccine. One sent to Limerick City another to Clonmel.
    People in Fermoy were being sent to Killarney and Waterford.
    When my mother was getting hers she was talking to man and he said he lived over there and he was getting his vaccine there and his was being sent to PUC.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭MintyMagnum

I thought same centre would be used, am city centre, told next shot MTU. Haven't a scooby where that is!

I thought same centre would be used, am city centre, told next shot MTU. Haven't a scooby where that is!

I think it’s C.I.T.
    It’s called the Munster Technology University now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭notAMember

Yes, think I will, mid-week as well, I’d have to miss a good bit of work for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭airy fairy

It's actually one of the buildings near the car tax office, rather than actually in the CIT, MTU.
    It's where the Sensormatic factory used to be. It's now a student exam centre. And was set up for our field hospital in case the cuh couldn't take the numbers when things looked bleak last year.

As for going to other counties etc....loads being called to different centres from different places.
    It's got to do with availability of the vaccine at the time. If you need to cancel, then you may have a wait for the next one, or you may not, but at least one has been allocated. Worse if there was none!

Advertisement