Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dekmantel Festival 2020

• 06-03-2020 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,128 ✭✭✭✭

ej0ieuimxwa41.jpg

Anyone ever gone to this? Any advice in relation to accomodation or after parties appreciated. I think we have a city centre hotel picked but we haven't booked it yet. Lineup is obscure in parts but I've only heard good things about the location/setup.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

Probably one of the best run festivals I've been to, went in 2017 and 2018.

Accommodation wise, I usually stayed outside the city centre. They have shuttle buses going from Amsterdam-Zuid station, or if there is more than 2, I'd go for an Uber as it is quicker as the buses tend to not leave until they are full.

Searches going in are pretty extensive and a very visible security presence inside.

The site isn't that big so it is easy to get from stage to stage within a couple of minutes. They're all grouped in clusters so it isn't much hassle getting around.

The second UFO stage is pretty small though so would advise getting to it early if there is someone you really want to see. The area where Selectors/Boiler Room/Greenhouse can get pretty packed and have seen them close off access to the area for 20/30 minutes if it gets too packed.

Great selection of food and drink, and never a queue for the bar as there are plenty dotted around the site.

Advertisement