Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Talking Heads song

Options
  • 03-03-2020 1:52pm
    Site Banned Posts: 3

What’s your favourite song by this great band?

Mine is Road to Nowhere.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭BOSTIK

Difficult to choose one track from their impressive catalogue, but I'll go with this one from the excellent True Stories album. A really lovely song.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Novicaine15

Naive melody (this must be the place)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭bullpost

I have a grá for this one:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Has there ever been a band more highly rated in their day yet forgotten now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

My initiation into Talking Heads was via the Stop Making Sense movie, and I find it hard to like some of the earlier, more minimalist studio versions. It's a tough field to choose from but I think this:

Ask me on another day, though, and I might well give a different answer. Possibly this...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

vriesmays wrote: »

To be fair, even in their day, no matter how highly rated they were, they weren't exactly mainstream. Of their contemporaries from the mid-70s New York scene, Blondie probably became the highest profile band. The likes of Talking Heads, The Ramones, Television, etc. all had their followings and a lot of them had some degree of chart success. But they were never huge in the same way that Blondie were, so it's not too surprising that they're not as widely remembered as they should be. The kids don't know what they're missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Always thought Tom Tom Club had a bigger impact musically. A lot of rap acts over the years have been influenced by them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Have a soft spot for This must be the place

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

wild wild life

• Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Naive melody (this must be the place)

I particularly love this live version

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I don't think that they're forgotten at all.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

If you'd seen David Byrne playing the O2 last year you mightn't think this. Incredible performance and one of the most highly critically acclaimed concerts in recent years. Personal favourite? Too many to choose from but one I really like at from a long list;

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

That David Byrne show in the Point was the most incredible gig I've ever been to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

Never found their radio hits to be all that good certainly never considered buying any of their albums but renewed appreciation in recent times..
    Incredible energy live

Advertisement