Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slipped on ice train platform

Options
  • 26-02-2020 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,641 ✭✭✭

I slipped on ice while about to embark on a train this morning. The platform wasn't fully gritted. I hurt my leg and hip. Nothing broken I hope and think. Would I have grounds for a claim against Irish rail.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,619 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What injuries did the doctor say you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Hopefully not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Did you not realise it was icy?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Always somebody else's fault... :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

billyhead wrote: »
    I slipped on ice while about to embark on a train this morning. The platform wasn't fully gritted. I hurt my leg and hip. Nothing broken I hope and think. Would I have grounds for a claim against Irish rail.

Do Irish rail control the weather? They had grit down you just weren’t careful, so no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,641 ✭✭✭billyhead

Blingy wrote: »
    Did you not realise it was icy?

It was dark and wasn't visible. I didn't go to a doctor. I'm am hoping the pain subsides but the leg is very sore on my right side and when I fell I banged my shin off the bottom edge of the door frame so the shin is grazed and sore aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Definitely.

Probably about €2million

Maybe ask for €5 million

Sure why not. It's not as if anyone has to take personal responsibility and open their eyes.

Also, next time it rains have a slip and blame the council for not drying the paths for you.

Mod
    Darc19
    This is a legal discussion thread. Poster was entitled to raise this matter without the smart alec comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Probably but you shouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Summer2020

Cop onto yourself will you. If you’re not injured and at a loss of time in work etc then stop looking for a payday. People like you are the reason all of our insurance premiums have gone through the roof.

Do Irish rail control the weather? They had grit down you just weren’t careful, so no.

Were I slipped it wasn't gritted and this was the part of the platform from where you step into the train.

• Advertisement

It was dark and wasn't visible. I didn't go to a doctor. I'm am hoping the pain subsides but the leg is very sore on my right side and when I fell I banged my shin off the bottom edge of the door frame so the shin is grazed and sore aswell.

Ah you poor thing. You grazed your shin. You sound like a whingy child.

Mod
    You are attacking the poster rather than the post

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Can you sue Met Eireann.....:)

Mod
    Comedians have arrived

Summer2020 wrote: »
    Cop onto yourself will you. If you’re not injured and at a loss of time in work etc then stop looking for a payday. People like you are the reason all of our insurance premiums have gone through the roof.

Wrong I am injured. Theres pain and grazes etc for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

Grazed shin !! Cop on you utter clown .. have a cup of tea and go to bed. Christ almighty. Bloody scroungers everywhere these days

Mod
    Imho poster entitled to raise this matter in Legal Discussion without being insulted

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Were I slipped it wasn't gritted and this was the part of the platform from where you step into the train.

It’s a no, but I’m guessing this thread is a wind up,
    If not you need to get a grip on reality

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Came off the bike on Saturday. Wheel went from under me turning a sharp corner. I think there was grease on the road. Broke the wrist. Only good think is that it wasn't the dominant hand.

Your broken wrist wouldn't have helped in preventing you saving yourself from falling. Are you suing the council for grease on the road as Well!

If you broke your hip or your leg I think you’d know by now. So you have no injuries , just the usual soreness you’d get if you fell anywhere. You could just have easily slipped on a path or your driveway. But because it’s at a train station the first thing you think of is claim for personal injuries.
    THIS is exactly why our insurance costs are soaring out of control . If the general public look on a simple trip or slip as a means of claiming from someone we only have ourselves to blame for rising insurance costs.

So OP , next time that your train ticket jumps by 20% or you get a huge increase in your house or car insurance of if the local football club , community group, crèche, playcentre closes due to insurance hikes, please don’t complain.

Wrong I am injured. Theres pain and grazes etc for a reason.

And yet you didn’t feel the need to attend a doctor for your “injuries”

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I'm completely and utterly fed up of the pathetic claim culture in this country. Hopefully the coronavirus does arrive and wipes a few of these morons/scroungers out.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Ferm001

Started of with Leg and hip, now shin added in, by the time you get to the court steps what else will be included. You fell, sh*t happens, why should somebody other than yourself be to blame.

• Advertisement

No need for all the personal abuse. I was only asking. It's easy for keyboard warriors to say they wouldn't but I am sure if you fell on train platform that should be gritted as a duty of customer care and injured yourself you would probably think the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

You missed the inportant bit. Stay down until the ambulance arrives.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I'm completely and utterly fed up of the pathetic claim culture in this country. Hopefully the coronavirus does arrive and wipes a few of these morons/scroungers out.

I hope China is prepared for the onslaught of claims that will be lodged against them....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

How much do you think it'll take to make the pain go away OP? Three or four numbers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

No need for all the personal abuse. I was only asking. It's easy for keyboard warriors to say they wouldn't but I am sure if you fell on train platform that should be gritted as a duty of customer care and injured yourself you would probably think the same.

Why should it be gritted?

Footpaths are not gritted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Boo hoo sore leg.

“Can I claim?”

It’s people like you who fück everything up for the rest of us. Suck it up and on the next cold morning look out for ice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Thought this was after hours.

Sound like you are under 18 so you’d need to take a case through your parents.

Doesn’t sound like you reported it immediately to staff at the station or went to your GP so you’ve no evidence to support your claim.

So grow a pair and grow up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

No I wouldn't. I'd be embarrassed I fell, it wouldn't even enter my mind to consider a claim against anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,943 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

billyhead wrote:

Do you have witnesses? Did you take photos showing the this particular area wasn't gritted?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

No I wouldn't. I'd be embarrassed I fell, it wouldn't even enter my mind to consider a claim against anyone.

And I’d hope to fcuk no one saw me!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement