Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Citizenship while on Social Welfare ???

Options
  • 20-02-2020 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi everyone. I would just like to ask if other people have been in a similar situation. I am married to an Irish citizen and we have Irish children. I’ve lived in Ireland for 3 years and eligible to apply for citizenship. I am not getting any SW payments except for Child Benefit. However, my husband is in receipt of WFP. Will this affect my chances of getting the citizenship? In the form it asks if I receive SW payments, do I tick yes or no? Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Tell the truth on the form.

Yes you are receiving Child Benefit, that is a SW payment. Tick yes. (child benefit).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,014 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Child benefit does not have to be declared as per this post
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112618316&postcount=4

• Registered Users Posts: 26 zyraaisha

Thanks for your replies.

My main concern tho is my husband is getting Working Family Payment. Do I tick yes for that? Anyone went through this same situation please share. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

zyraaisha wrote: »
    Thanks for your replies.

My main concern tho is my husband is getting Working Family Payment. Do I tick yes for that? Anyone went through this same situation please share. Thank you.

If you are unsure, tick yes. At least then you won't get in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭lollsangel

I would tick yes and just say family receives this payment. It shouldnt affect your chances of getting citizenship. My partner haf been out on illness benefit for 3 months about a year before he applied, and he was accepted, he is now an IRISH citizen. Best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 zyraaisha

lollsangel wrote: »
    I would tick yes and just say family receives this payment. It shouldnt affect your chances of getting citizenship. My partner haf been out on illness benefit for 3 months about a year before he applied, and he was accepted, he is now an IRISH citizen. Best of luck

Congratulations!

Advertisement