Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overhearing Interview at Garda Station

Options
  • 19-02-2020 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I was in a garda station earlier to get forms signed. Rang the bell and sat down.

The bench was next to an interview room. In the ten minutes I was waiting for the garda to come out of the office, I could hear an interview going on inside.

I dont mean eaves dropping. I mean this was completely clear.

I heard the offence the person being interviewes and their telephone number.

I couldnt help but think after if it was a victim inside giving a statement.

Surely this is just so wrong? Morally, legally, I dont know. Im still taken back by it and was wondering is this normal?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

Utter incompetence. Data Protection breach as well as probably breach of AGS procedure. Report data breach here https://forms.dataprotection.ie/report-a-breach-of-personal-data

Report to AGS through ombudsman seems to be mainly for yourself if you are affected. Letter to Chief Super/ Super for district may be needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭opfleet

KWAG2019 wrote: »
    Utter incompetence. Data Protection breach as well as probably breach of AGS procedure. Report data breach here https://forms.dataprotection.ie/report-a-breach-of-personal-data

Report to AGS through ombudsman seems to be mainly for yourself if you are affected. Letter to Chief Super/ Super for district may be needed.
    You have plenty of time on your hands? Why are people so sensitive these days...

Mod
    This forum is for legal discussion. Imho the poster has raised a reasonable point

• Registered Users Posts: 18 An Old Grey Mare

opfleet wrote: »
    You have plenty of time on your hands? Why are people so sensitive these days...

Would the victim of a rape for instance who is giving a statement and whose name is overheard be "sensitive"?

This isnt political correctness! This is the right to privacy and confidentiality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭opfleet

Would the victim of a rape for instance who is giving a statement and whose name is overheard be "sensitive"?

This isnt political correctness! This is the right to privacy and confidentiality
    Perhaps its not the Guards fault he had to use what was probably the only interview room available? Maybe you should direct your complaint towards the Superintendent who should make these facilities more appropriate if that is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

why didn't ye just complain to the garda on duty instead of coming on here? They could have made sure to do interviews in rooms not near reception from now on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 An Old Grey Mare

why didn't ye just complain to the garda on duty instead of coming on here? They could have made sure to do interviews in rooms not near reception from now on

Believe it or not boards is a great place to hear other peoples opinions and perspectives. Shock horror.

Advertisement