Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bottle feeding tips for breast fed baby

• 18-02-2020 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi guys,

We receny had our first baby, 7 weeks old today, and have started to try bottle feeding. I've been trying the pace technique and making sure as much as possible that my wife isn't in the room.

My wife is expressing and that's the milk we are trying with.

The problem is he doesn't seem to like the bottle...at all. He doesn't seem to like the dody/soother.

Are there any tips that you may have from similar experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Daintydoll1

Congrats on your little one!
    It can take a bit of perseverance to help the baby get used to the teat on a bottle. You might need to try a few different types of bottle - NUK brand worked best for us with our babies, both took one bottle of expressed milk a day from 6 weeks on. Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

We tried many bottles, the one we eventually had success with was nuk with latex teats. Those teats are softer than the silicone so I assume that’s why she took them. Now saying that, it still took months of trying before she’d take one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭tobdom

Another poster had similar issues, and I suggested a specific bottle that worked for us.... https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112433250&postcount=5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭SmallgirlBigcity

I read somewhere that you could try wearing your other halfs dressing gown so you smell like her for baby. Also try introducing the bottle when baby is alert and not too hungry. Hope this helps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭brevity

Is the milk/bottle warm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 laser750

brevity wrote: »
    Is the milk/bottle warm?

The milk is thawed out first and warmed but not heated too much. Recommendations have changed apparently.

I walked around with him this evening and he took the silicone teat alot better but he didn't seem to get much from the bottle. He seemed happier this time thou

• Registered Users Posts: 35 laser750

tobdom wrote: »
    Another poster had similar issues, and I suggested a specific bottle that worked for us.... https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112433250&postcount=5

Thanks for that. My wife is a bit weary of those types of teat because of the flow coming out but sure if it works it works. As for the price, it seems extortionate but again...if it keeps baby happy ðŸ‘ðŸ»

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I'd just echo some other posters we tried tommee tippee bottles and teat and another brand which we got with the express kit and i think Dr brown but NUK were the only ones we got any real joy with.

Advertisement