Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Curious Case of Violet-Anne Wynne

Options
1356798

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭limnam


    is_that_so wrote: »
    It is worth noting that three TDs have now managed to have the party portrayed in a negative light in less than a week. It will encourage cub reporters all over to get digging into all the rest of the newbies and there will be more stories.

    Once they dig up the hiding of cervical cancer results from dieing women. Then I'll show concern.

    Oh wait....


  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so


    limnam wrote: »
    Once they dig up the hiding of cervical cancer results from dieing women. Then I'll show concern.

    Oh wait....

    And you're back to using the dying women again as a form of whataboutery.


  • Registered Users Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭limnam


    is_that_so wrote: »
    And you're back to using the dying women again as a very odd form of whataboutery.

    Because someone who said 24 hours ago a 12k donation was not paid over night as someone got a 90k+ a year job who hasn't got a pay cheque yet hasn't handed over 12k from it.

    _this_ is what we should worried about?


  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so


    limnam wrote: »
    Because someone who said 24 hours ago a 12k donation was not paid over night as someone got a 90k+ a year job who hasn't got a pay cheque yet hasn't handed over 12k from it.

    _this_ is what we should worried about?
    Lack of vetting? 3rd choice by some accounts? SIPO? Someone not prepared to pay her way? Poor optics for her party?


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen


    SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Don’t forget that Sinn Fein TDs only claim the average industrial wage!

    Or was that lie exposed during the last presidential election?

    If she took the average industrial wage they'd be net worse off, getting elected would be a pay cut for her. I'm sure the party will "means test" her or something... If they still have that (highly dubious) policy.
    I can see why SF want to increase SW payments - have to look after their own first.

    Nearly a quarter of votes. Incidentally, according to their own latest statistics report 1.3 million of the 4.7 million people in Ireland receive a welfare payment of one sort or another. 27.65%. Funny correlation. https://assets.gov.ie/27810/431df864c9004956b597cd6c2d84936b.pdf


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,966 ✭✭✭✭Boggles


    Nijmegen wrote: »
    Nearly a quarter of votes. Incidentally, according to their own latest statistics report 1.3 million of the 4.7 million people in Ireland receive a welfare payment of one sort or another. 27.65%. Funny correlation. https://assets.gov.ie/27810/431df864c9004956b597cd6c2d84936b.pdf

    SF are not in power now, nor were they when that report came out in 2018.

    :confused:


  • Registered Users Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭limnam


    is_that_so wrote: »
    Lack of vetting? SIPO? Someone not prepared to pay her way? Poor optics for her party?

    Mary Butler had Billy Kenneally knocking on the door of a child abuse victim of his cousin. To canvas for her. Billy Kenneally who knew about his cousin being a child abuser and never told the garda.

    This is something worthy of discussion.

    Nah,

    Lets talk someone who was behind on their rent.

    Off the stage.


  • Registered Users Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭endacl



    I have a daughter, never in a million years have her vaccinated.
    It takes fewer keystrokes to type “I am an idiot”.


  • Registered Users Posts: 27,565 ✭✭✭✭blanch152


    zoobizoo wrote: »
    Brady in Wicklow also.

    The man on 100k living in a council house?


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen


    Boggles wrote: »
    SF are not in power now, nor were they when that report came out in 2018.

    :confused:

    I was comparing SFs vote tracking to the % of the population receiving welfare. It was a bit tongue in cheek but the point I'm making is that they are the party of people who prefer getting more money from the state versus people who prefer keeping more of their own money from the state. And on topic, Violet-Anne seems like a caricature of a welfare scrounging anti-vaxxer who won't pay her bills.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,565 ✭✭✭✭blanch152


    limnam wrote: »
    Once they dig up the hiding of cervical cancer results from dieing women. Then I'll show concern.

    Oh wait....

    This would be the most hilariously ironic post ever in the history of boards if it wasn't about a serious situation.

    The only reason that people will continue to die from cervical cancer is because of the idiotic lies spread by the likes of Violet-Anne Wynne. The HPV vaccine that she opposes will prevent cervical cancer. There will be no need for women to depend on unreliable screening tests.


  • Registered Users Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭limnam


    Nijmegen wrote: »
    I was comparing SFs vote tracking to the % of the population receiving welfare. It was a bit tongue in cheek but the point I'm making is that they are the party of people who prefer getting more money from the state versus people who prefer keeping more of their own money from the state. And on topic, Violet-Anne seems like a caricature of a welfare scrounging anti-vaxxer who won't pay her bills.

    O'Brion and MLM handed back about 14k of wage increases recently.

    Leo can donate it to the charity.


  • Registered Users Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭limnam


    blanch152 wrote: »
    This would be the most hilariously ironic post ever in the history of boards if it wasn't about a serious situation.

    The only reason that people will continue to die from cervical cancer is because of the idiotic lies spread by the likes of Violet-Anne Wynne. The HPV vaccine that she opposes will prevent cervical cancer. There will be no need for women to depend on unreliable screening tests.

    My understanding is she came out and said these are no longer her views on the topic.

    Harris can go to the graves of the dead women and say sorry.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro


    limnam wrote: »
    My understanding is she came out and said these are no longer her views on the topic.

    Harris can go to the graves of the dead women and say sorry.
    Can't believe you are still doing it.


  • Registered Users Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭limnam


    Kivaro wrote: »
    Can't believe you are still doing it.

    I can move on to man in pub shouts up the ra?

    more interesting to you?


  • Registered Users Posts: 39,966 ✭✭✭✭Boggles


    Nijmegen wrote: »
    I was comparing SFs vote tracking to the % of the population receiving welfare. It was a bit tongue in cheek but the point I'm making is that they are the party of people who prefer getting more money from the state versus people who prefer keeping more of their own money from the state. And on topic, Violet-Anne seems like a caricature of a welfare scrounging anti-vaxxer who won't pay her bills.

    Really? Which party brought in the "temporary" USC?

    The same party who just promised a fiver increase in the pension for the life of the next government.

    But sure LOUD NOISES!!!


  • Registered Users Posts: 30,447 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn


    In the local elections last year Sinn Fein ran a candidate who'd I just call a tad hyper but she wouldn't have a good name locally. She basically gives out a lot. If they did any bit of research she wouldn't have been selected because she isn't liked. Even during her canvassing she only had her family and one other lad.

    Similar my Sinn Fein TD in Cork East got caught drink driving but got a seat on 2016 and the only reason why I've heard of him since was he was in court for being drunk and disorderly.
    Now he's had his problems, etc but you'd think they could find better.


  • Registered Users Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭limnam


    Similar my Sinn Fein TD in Cork East got caught drink driving but got a seat on 2016 and the only reason why I've heard of him since was he was in court for being drunk and disorderly.
    Now he's had his problems, etc but you'd think they could find better.

    Sure aren't the rae's constantly campaigning to bring back drink driving?


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus


    In the local elections last year Sinn Fein ran a candidate who'd I just call a tad hyper but she wouldn't have a good name locally. She basically gives out a lot. If they did any bit of research she wouldn't have been selected because she isn't liked. Even during her canvassing she only had her family and one other lad.

    Similar my Sinn Fein TD in Cork East got caught drink driving but got a seat on 2016 and the only reason why I've heard of him since was he was in court for being drunk and disorderly.
    Now he's had his problems, etc but you'd think they could find better.

    The reality is most politicians are fairly terrible people, SF, FF, FG, whatever. I know of dodgy pasts of SD, Labour and Independents. The difference is the more established parties have the connections to better bury these things and their people are often at the social level where the morally abhorrent stuff they profit from is technically within the law.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown


    The anti-vax thing is woeful. I think it's wrong for any public representative to speak out when they are either ignorant of the facts or suspicious. Best thing to do is say nothing if you've personal doubts rather than spread misinformation.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭limnam


    Bowie wrote: »
    The anti-vax thing is woeful. I think it's wrong for any public representative to speak out when they are either ignorant of the facts or suspicious. Best thing to do is say nothing if you've personal doubts rather than spread misinformation.

    My understanding is she wasn't a public representative at the time of the comments and since claimed they're no longer her views.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold


    We’ve voted in a right bunch of muppets this time...


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown


    limnam wrote: »
    My understanding is she wasn't a public representative at the time of the comments and since claimed they're no longer her views.

    I was speaking generally, I know nothing about the woman TBH.


  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus


    well she's on 96k per year now so maybe she can pay back the 12k she owes Clare county council?


  • Registered Users Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭limnam


    AmberGold wrote: »
    We’ve voted in a right bunch of muppets this time...

    Yep, How Harris and Murphy got in is dumbfounding.


  • Registered Users Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭limnam


    well she's on 96k per year now so maybe she can pay back the 12k she owes Clare county council?

    That would have been interesting to see before claiming she won't after an offer was made 24 hours ago for her to do so.


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice


    limnam wrote: »
    That would have been interesting to see before claiming she won't after an offer was made 24 hours ago for her to do so.

    The type of online supporters that SF usually had seemed to be very quiet during this election but it turns our they were just gone to ground for a while.


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice


    limnam wrote: »
    That would have been interesting to see before claiming she won't after an offer was made 24 hours ago for her to do so.

    She offered to pay back the charity after she was elected very good of her did she change her mine about the vacacations after she got elected too?


  • Registered Users Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭limnam


    mariaalice wrote: »
    She offered to pay back the charity after she was elected very good of her did she change her mine about the vacacations after she got elected too?

    I didn't say she offered to pay it back.

    The paper claimed the suggestion to pay it back was made 24 hours ago.

    Based on that it's turned to refused to.

    So we don't know if she's refused to do anything.

    When she changed her view on it I don't know. But there's many TD's who have made mistakes in the past and fail to admit them. Looks like she's holding her hands up on this one. Makes a change.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,447 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn


    limnam wrote: »
    Sure aren't the rae's constantly campaigning to bring back drink driving?

    They campaigned against some of Shane Ross's measures.( I don't know know of they are still doing it.)
    I just personally think they could find a better candidate for the area than somebody who was three times over the legal limit and got drunk again and had an argument with the Gardai.


Advertisement