Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda vetting outside of Ireland

Options
  • 12-02-2020 5:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hey,

How do you get garda vetted outside of Ireland?

I have completed an F20 form as suggested by citizens info but it came back as them not having any data on me... I was told i'd get a garda vetting.

Please help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Your local police will make a request as part of their vetting procedure.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭aquse

Your local police will make a request as part of their vetting procedure.

But the thing is tha they need it before I make the application. It's for immigration purposes

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

aquse wrote: »
    But the thing is tha they need it before I make the application. It's for immigration purposes

I'm not sure that vetting can be applied for by an individual it has to be a registered organisation. I take it the crowd you're dealing with can't initiate vetting? You might try the Irish Embassy that's about all I can think of - hopefully someone who has been through the process might be able to give you a better steer. Where are you moving to and is there a forum for that on boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Is it a Garda clearance Cert you need OP? If you check the AGS website it tells you how to apply. You need to write to the Superintendent of your local station and include addresses, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

What country do you need vetting from.

If the USA, you need to apply to the FBI in Clarkesburg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭aquse

What country do you need vetting from.

If the USA, you need to apply to the FBI in Clarkesburg.

Canada

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

aquse wrote: »
    Canada

You need it to go to Canada or because you have been in Canada? If it's to go then it's the Garda Clearance cert you need. My son did his a couple of weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Lmklad

Guards supply a cert of character for Visa applications and also Vetting. These are two different things. If whomever is seeking the check will take the cert of character you can get the form at any Garda station, include a certified copy of your passport, all previous addresses and a stamped addressed envelope and send it to the local superintendent for where you reside.

If it’s the full vetting that’s required then you can not apply directly, it is done by the party requiring it on your behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭jrmb

Send a letter to the Gardaí asking for whatever document you need. They'll probably reply with something like "We operate differently in Ireland but your local police can contact us". Show that letter to the authorities/your employer.

Advertisement