Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixed Charge Notice / Summons

Options
  • 10-02-2020 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭

Hi all, hoping someone has experience with this.
    A Fixed charge notice arrived with the wrong reg on the car. Instead of being a D for Dublin it was a T for Tipperary.
    If this went to court is it enough of a technicality to escape? I drive a Transit and the Tipperary Reg is for a Mondeo.

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Risky. Garda can apply for an amendment and it’s up to the Judge to grant it or not. If it’s 1 digit of a registration number, it’ll probably get granted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭PremierDeise

Risky. Garda can apply for an amendment and it’s up to the Judge to grant it or not. If it’s 1 digit of a registration number, it’ll probably get granted.

I understand that but my thinking is the summons/charge clearly says "It is alleged that you were driving this vehicle with this reg on it" followed by the reg.
    I would have thought that would be enough :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

I understand that but my thinking is the summons/charge clearly says "It is alleged that you were driving this vehicle with this reg on it" followed by the reg.
    I would have thought that would be enough :/

You would’ve thought wrong, unfortunately.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement