Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EU roaming not allowed

Options
  • 09-02-2020 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Hi I was just thinking of switching networks and noticed something strange about 48 months terms. It states
    "€ 15 a month
    25GB Data

50 Mobile Minutes

100 Texts

No EU Roaming

Unlimited Whatsapp Messages

No Landline Minutes"

I though that they would have to offer EU roaming by law, any idea how they're circumventing regulations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Have you posted your complaint in the 48 months thread? If not, that may be your best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

Ask them about EU IV. Roam like home, within a certain percentage of your overall allowance. Maybe excluding UK now.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭TAFKAlawhec

AFAIK, EU law regarding mobile roaming only applies if your tariff allows you to have roaming available outside of the home country, it doesn't force networks to offer it across the EEA.

There are some prepaid tariffs offered by several networks in Finland and in the Baltic states which don't offer roaming in the EEA and indeed removed the roaming option prior to the EU rule in 2017.

Also, in the UK Vodafone have a sim-only 30 day contract/billpay offer under the "Vodafone Basics" brand - all three tariffs exclude any international roaming, including to anywhere in the EEA.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/shop/bundles-and-sims/sim-only-deals/basics/b/index.htm

I'd say 48 months have their arses covered concerning roaming, or rather lack of, for some of their offers/tariffs.

Advertisement