Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eurolines #890 Service to London Cancelled from Tomorrow

Options
  • 05-02-2020 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭

FYI for any users

Route 890 Service Cancellation
    Expressway Eurolines regrets to inform customers that the 890 service (Cork – Waterford – Rosslare - Pembroke - Swansea - Cardiff - Bristol – Reading – London) operated by National Express will cease operation on the 6th and 7th February. The last days of timetable operation are as follows;

Departing Ireland (Cork – Waterford – Rosslare to the UK) Thursday 6th February
    Departing UK (London – Reading – Bristol – Cardiff – Swansea - Pembroke – to Ireland) Friday 7th February

https://eurolines.buseireann.ie/

Disappointing news, although unknown to somee, a lot of people used this service between Cork/Dungarvan/Waterford onto the Uk. Hopefully another carrier picks it up in the future.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

Waterford has never been so disconnected. Rail lines cut, coach services cut, no airport. Still, you can rush up on the M9 to sit on the M50 in no time, or use the New Ross bypass to rush up on the M11 to sit on a different part of the M50.

My old geography textbook said primate cities where a feature of third world countries. Guess that makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,625 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

That's crazy, why cancel it. Should at least run 3 times a week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭dzilla

That's crazy, why cancel it. Should at least run 3 times a week

I think National Express who ran the Franchise for #890 are pulling out, maybe due Brexit.

Hopefully Kavanaghs or BE pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭91wx763

I did it Saturday last from Bristol. Not busy but early February is always quiet.

More discussion here https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058049349/2/#post112473185

• Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Am I the only one who never knew this even existed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

iseegirls wrote: »
    Am I the only one who never knew this even existed?

id imagine not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

I wasn't familiar with the route myself. How long was the journey 16 hours?

With cheap air travel these days I am sure many would just drive or take the JJ to Dublin Airport, in about 1/3rd the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭dzilla

I wasn't familiar with the route myself. How long was the journey 16 hours?

With cheap air travel these days I am sure many would just drive or take the JJ to Dublin Airport, in about 1/3rd the time.

Many would, but few are not restricted by time constraints and don't fly so this service suited them. Was full whenever I was on it.

Advertisement