Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eflow court case

Options
  • 03-02-2020 1:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi recently I've gotten a letter in regards owing 303 euro to eflow I got a letter from their solicitors and contacted them to see if I could get a extra week or two to get the money together as I am only a seasonal worker and I am laid off during the winter and I find it hard to have money when I am not getting a wage and have other bills and things to take care of around Christmas. So they told me the other day when I rang the can't give me the time and if I didnt pay it by Friday they will take me to court. I'm genuinely terrified and I don't know what to do please any advice would be great !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Hi recently I've gotten a letter in regards owing 303 euro to eflow I got a letter from their solicitors and contacted them to see if I could get a extra week or two to get the money together as I am only a seasonal worker and I am laid off during the winter and I find it hard to have money when I am not getting a wage and have other bills and things to take care of around Christmas. So they told me the other day when I rang the can't give me the time and if I didnt pay it by Friday they will take me to court. I'm genuinely terrified and I don't know what to do please any advice would be great !!

Do you have a credit card?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Averagejoe97

bilbot79 wrote: »

No I don't have one ☹️

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

bilbot79 wrote: »

Highly unlikely given the username 97.

OP. If it’s a last case scenario that you can’t afford to pay it by then and are flat out broke/can’t borrow it then at least gather the proof that you asked them for the extra time. Request recording of your phone call if it exists etc. I don’t know if it’ll work in your favour though but it’s at least some form of defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭con747

Is it for a single journey or multiple journeys and have you received prior notices?

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

When can you genuinely commit to having the money together to pay the amount owed.
    Figure this out and write to them with a commitment to pay by that date. Ask that they respond and grant or refuse your request but at least they'll have acknowledged that they recieved it.

Might be idea to get it delivered by registered post.

Apply for a role and print a copy of your job application and the letter for if you do end up in court.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,308 ✭✭✭✭Victor

A court fine is likely to be higher. Can you borrow to pay the current amount?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,715 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Take you to court for what? €300?

Seems like that might be a bit of a waste of money.

Edit: I see there is possibly a criminal offence for not paying these fines, with fines up to €5,000 per charge. I don't know what the NRA regard as the threshold for prosecution of these but if you are engaging with the solicitors and making solid repayments, then they might regard that as the better solution.

Advertisement