Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need some help understanding the company shares here

Options
  • 31-01-2020 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

This is part of a financial statements of end of the year. I would like to understand what this means and how it translated to each person’s percentage of shares of the company. Please see the image attached. Any explanation is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Each of person 1 and 2 have a single share which seem to of the same class meaning equal ownership as between them. You have not told us how many shares in total. If only 2 then 50% ownership each. If there are 10m other shares held by persons who are neither directors nor secretary then the ownership is de minimis.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Hiddden

Marcusm wrote: »
    Each of person 1 and 2 have a single share which seem to of the same class meaning equal ownership as between them. You have not told us how many shares in total. If only 2 then 50% ownership each. If there are 10m other shares held by persons who are neither directors nor secretary then the ownership is de minimis.

There are two shares as far as I know. I wanted to make sure if person 1 is getting another share as the secretary or is it still 50-50?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

There is no 3rd share held as between those persons you have identified. If they had 1,000 shares the total would still say 1,000 as that is what that person holds.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Hiddden wrote: »
    There are two shares as far as I know. I wanted to make sure if person 1 is getting another share as the secretary or is it still 50-50?

There's a requirement to disclose what shares the directors have and what shares the secretary has.

As the secretary is also a director his shareholding has to be disclosed a second time. The total is the same. He only has one share.

Advertisement