Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rented house in receivership

Options
  • 30-01-2020 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

So guys I left a house I rented a number of months ago, the house had been in receivership but I kept paying the landlord as she kept telling me it was bring sorted. Giving me solicitors letters stating it was being sorted.
    Fast forward a bit I left a few months ago but 3 months before I left I told her I wasn't paying her rent anymore as I'd got another letter from the receiver saying it wasn't her house any longer they were in control of the house. I told them I'll be gone soon which I was.

So I stopped paying her ( I was fully upto date with my rent just to clarify)the receiver then said they would be in contact with me to arrange paying the rent to them. They never contacted me.

So I left the house on the date I agreed with the receiver and posted the keys back to them.

My question is can the landlord peruse me for any rent from when I stopped paying her to when I left seen as the receiver was in control of the property, would it have to be the receiver that would pursue me?

Thanks

A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It's not her house so no to that question. The receiver won't bother pursuing you.
    Just make sure all your stuff is out of there. The receiver won't have any interest in renting it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Angelic skin co

hey drunken monkey i didn't think she had any legal grounds to pursue me seen as they are the one in charge or the property.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

She's got bigger problems. I wouldn't worry about anything if your gone. If you want to buy it maybe contact the reciever that's about it.

Advertisement