Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Citizenship application & effects of owning a property?

Options
  • 22-01-2020 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hi,

I can apply for citizenship by naturalisation but I am trying to buy a property at the moment.
    As you know, it takes months for the sale to finalise.

I was thinking if I should wait to submit my citizenship application based on:

* Owning property & mortgage shows intent of residing here for long term more and integrating into society more

* My correspondence would change in the middle of the application
    (can the correspondence be updated after the application is made?)

* There will be the deposit transfer out of my bank account and providing all bank account statements is a requirement so this big change in the statements might need explanation maybe..?
    If I apply before and if they confirm the bank statements later then it will be an empty account by the time they confirm which might raise questions..?

Based on these I am thinking to wait submitting my citizenship application until the sale gets finalised.

Do you think does this make sense or should I just apply as early as possible because of the current long wait times?

Also, can I put property related documents like deed, mortgage or contract etc into the application? Can this be added later if application is made already?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭victor8600

Don't overthink it. Apply for the naturalisation now.

> Owning property & mortgage shows intent of residing here for long term more and integrating into society more

This is a superfluous information. There is an application form, fill it and give the information the form needs. Then if your application is successful, you would take an oath of fidelity to the Irish nation. Sin é.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Seregwethrin

Hmmm in a way I understand it is superfluous information.
    Can I change my correspondence later after I apply though?

Can I change my correspondence later after I apply though?

Please do not do anything that confuses the bureaucracy. It will not likely to speed up your application. If they ask you for any additional information, provide what they ask for and no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Seregwethrin

victor8600 wrote: »
    Please do not do anything that confuses the bureaucracy. It will not likely to speed up your application. If they ask you for any additional information, provide what they ask for and no more.

But with this logic I should wait until I get to my long-term correspondence address so I should hold on applying.

Do you see my confusion...

That's why looking for insight here.

But with this logic I should wait until I get to my long-term correspondence address so I should hold on applying.

It's your decision :) But I would apply as soon as possible and then provide the new address separately after the move, with a letter saying "Re: application ref# xxxx. I have moved to the new address at ..., please send the correspondence there."

• Advertisement
Advertisement