Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ryanair Dublin to Marrakesh

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

cson wrote: »
    I'm sure they've done the numbers but on the face of it FR not fitting the aircraft with wifi seems like a huge lost opportunity for ancillary revenue.

Nope, O'Leary has said that the cost of equipping the current fleet, as well as the extra fuel drag, plus the fact that the average Ryanair flight only lasts 1hr15 mins makes it not worth it for whatever revenue they could raise through charges for using the wifi.
    Most people have already downloaded movies and games onto iPads and Tablets etc. so not a massive call for it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,867 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Lifelike wrote: »
    It’s actually only a 3.5 hour flight.

The Canaries are further away, doesn't seem to bother lots of families with kids, been there done that.

Life ain't always empty.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Nope, O'Leary has said that the cost of equipping the current fleet, as well as the extra fuel drag, plus the fact that the average Ryanair flight only lasts 1hr15 mins makes it not worth it for whatever revenue they could raise through charges for using the wifi.
    Most people have already downloaded movies and games onto iPads and Tablets etc. so not a massive call for it either.

They'd have solid numbers on the fuel impact of the sat dome from the long gone in-flight mobile trial - 2009-10 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

L1011 wrote: »
    They'd have solid numbers on the fuel impact of the sat dome from the long gone in-flight mobile trial - 2009-10 I think.

4pc fuel drag according to O'Leary...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

I seem to remember Ryanair trailing this at one point. If not WiFi, it was in air calling on your own mobile (so I assume other connectivity).

This was about 4-5 years ago, but was dropped (I assume for cost or something). But they definitely had it installed, with signs in the aisles that told you when you could use the phone or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

After all the obnoxious replys here (not all of them) Ryanair made up for the lack of IFE/WiFi by letting me into the flight deck for 5 mins.

Up the Ryanair ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Advertisement