Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hot water solar panels losing pressure

• 20-01-2020 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi,

We have solar panels for our hot water and system pressure dropped to 0 recently, got a plumber out last Wednesday who fixed a leak and refilled the system pressure to 2 bar. Over the weekend I've noticed that the system pressure has fallen back to just above 1 bar, could this be due to the cold weather or is it likely to be another leak or some other issue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,709 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Hard to say, keep an eye on it. If it falls down further significantly, it's probably another leak. I presume the plumber bled the system so there weren't any air locks left and the system was filled up properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭spose

Had similar when the diaphragm on the pressure vessel failed. Would pressurise and seem ok for a short while and then start hearing air in the pump

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Henrys Grimey Paws

It seems to have stabilised at around 1.2 bar of pressure, hasn't moved from there in the last 48 hours. I'll keep an eye on it for the time being in case it starts dropping again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Peculliar that my solar tubes haven't increased over 12ish degrees all winter !
    I havent checked the pressure that is a good point.

What kind of temps are you getting theses days !??

Thanks

Advertisement