Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leinster vs. Lyon, Sunday 12th January, 13.00 (BT2)

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,669 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

BOD and Dallaglio forecasted next week's results and according to their predictions Leinster will play Northampton in the Quarter Finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭degsie

Clegg wrote: »
    BOD and Dallaglio forecasted next week's results and according to their predictions Leinster will play Northampton in the Quarter Finals.

It also may rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Lyon were on Leinster's 5m line and building momentum, but the AR told the ref there was foul play by Lyon at a previous ruck. Whitehouse went over to the AR and he said he thought he seen a Lyon playing starting a fight and a scuffle breaking out, the TMO replayed it and it was just one of the Lyon players barely pushing James Lowe and play went on.

Was this what was shown on TV? What started the whole thing was the Lyon winger putting a shoulder into a prone Fardy, miles off the ball and away from play. It was pure dirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Almost all of whitehouses games end up stop start messes.

Says enough about him to be honest

The scrums were awful

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Strange game. On another day Leinster would have had 30+ on the board by HT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

If Northampton beat Lyon with a BP and Sarries beat Racing without a BP, we will play Sarries in Dublin. (Assuming we beat Treviso)

As much as I'd like to avoid them, I think playing them in the Aviva in the QF is preferable to playing them in the final

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

If Northampton beat Lyon with a BP and Sarries beat Racing without a BP, we will play Sarries in Dublin. (Assuming we beat Treviso)

As much as I'd like to avoid them, I think playing them in the Aviva in the QF is preferable to playing them in the final

That would be ideal as there is a chance they'd still have half an eye on the GP at that point although I do expect them to be off the bottom of the table by April.

I can't see Northampton winning with a BP in France though. They're really not too good a side and Lyon will front up to some extent in their backyard.

At this point, I think we'll see Leinster win in Italy and Glasgow get a win in Sale leading to them coming to Dublin in the QF with Saracens going to Exeter which would be an absolute belter of a grudge match.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,980 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Buer wrote: »
    with Saracens going to Exeter which would be an absolute belter of a grudge match.

that would be delicious.

Their lst GP match was a cracker, exeter dominated them.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I think a lot will hang on what happens in the coming weeks with players being let go etc at Saracens. How that affects the set-up and the results in the GP will have a bearing. Plus they will surely have to try and make the top 6 in the GP too. They cant just assume that if they make the KOs of the HEC that they'll win the title and qualify for next year that way. So they'll need to hedge their bets and go for both really. Top 6 in the GP and the HEC title. If things start to go a little awry in the GP, e.g. a couple of losses during the 6Ns, then they may choose to put their focus there instead.

Advertisement