Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Golf team events

  • 04-01-2020 6:02pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭ Whiplash85


    What would be a good score or winning score in a stableford competition involving a team of 4 where the 2 best scores count on each hole?


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭ yaboya1


    Depends on the course.
    Usually 90-100 would be a winning score in that format.


  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭ Whiplash85


    yaboya1 wrote: »
    Depends on the course.
    Usually 90-100 would be a winning score in that format.

    Played Doonbeg in Winter series. There was a bit of wind to be fair. Also any tee shots landing on fairway had to be moved to first cut. Got 95 and were fairly happy. Greens very bumpy in places but overall course was in good knick for the time of year. It's a good format. Not as much pressure to find lost balls so keeps the game moving along.


  • Registered Users Posts: 19,350 ✭✭✭✭ FixdePitchmark


    Depends what part of the country and club the players are from.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭ tritriagain


    Depends on how many gangsters are playing


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭ Seve OB


    Whiplash85 wrote: »
    Played Doonbeg in Winter series. There was a bit of wind to be fair. Also any tee shots landing on fairway had to be moved to first cut. Got 95 and were fairly happy. Greens very bumpy in places but overall course was in good knick for the time of year. It's a good format. Not as much pressure to find lost balls so keeps the game moving along.

    Moving balls out from rough makes a big difference. 100+ points


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭ GolfNut33


    I'd be aiming for 5.5 per hole.


  • Registered Users Posts: 15,807 ✭✭✭✭ Mantis Toboggan


    Level 5's in our place will have you there or thereabouts.


    IRISHMEN AND IRISHWOMEN: "In the name of God and of the dead generations from which she receives her old tradition of nationhood, Ireland, through us, summons her children to her flag and strikes for her freedom"

    Irish Proclamation



  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭ Whiplash85


    Seve OB wrote: »
    Moving balls out from rough makes a big difference. 100+ points

    No if your tee shot hits fairway you have to move the ball to first cut from fairway


  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭ Golfgorfield


    Think of what an Incredible score would be.
    Add 10
    Then prepare to lose by 5.


Advertisement