Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Countryside Alliance Insurance gone.

• 03-01-2020 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭

Just read on another forum that they are pulling out of Republic of Ireland and will not be renewing any policies in Éire in 2020.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭EoghanS

if thats true going to be a big deal for a lot of the clubs, mine included

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Looks bad, it says "If you joined Countryside Alliance or renewed your membership in 2019 you will not be affected until the date of your 2020 renewal.. from that point.. There will be no cover of any kind for individual group/syndicate members based in the Republic of Ireland."

Must be a Brexit thingamajig.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭Eddie B

Looks bad, it says "If you joined Countryside Alliance or renewed your membership in 2019 you will not be affected until the date of your 2020 renewal.. from that point.. There will be no cover of any kind for individual group/syndicate members based in the Republic of Ireland."

Must be a Brexit thingamajig.

I'm sure there are other hunting related insurances out there, well apart from NARGC?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭German pointer

Eddie B wrote: »
    I'm sure there are other hunting related insurances out there, well apart from NARGC?

Country Sports Ireland is one. I'm sure there are others

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

This is secound hand information sent onto me:

Countryside Alliance Ireland will not be renewing memberships from this date forward.

The insurance underwriters have looked for 695k increase in premium which pushing membership subs to from€60 to€150

Existing membership arrangements inc insurance will be honoured to end 2020.

No renewals and no new members.

Procedures are being put in orgainsed for CAI members to go to IFA Countryside for membership and insurance, details to follow from CAI.

NI members of CAI will be covered by CA UK.

Country Sports Ireland is one. I'm sure there are others

Just signed up there, 40 euro for a years individual insurance is a great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Just signed up there, 40 euro for a years individual insurance is a great deal.

That’s pretty much the same as the contribution per club member in an NARGC club.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

Nothing on the Countryside Alliance Ireland website ...... is someone bull****ting?

Nothing on the Countryside Alliance Ireland website ...... is someone bull****ting?

If you mean me, I don't tell lies.

• Advertisement

If you mean me, I don't tell lies.

I’m not accusing you of telling lies. I’m just calling bull**** on this unless you can provide evidence that countryside alliance Ireland are actually folding.

I’m not accusing you of telling lies. I’m just calling bull**** on this unless you can provide evidence that countryside alliance Ireland are actually folding.

Hey man, I was just giving fellow Irish shooting enthusiasts a heads up on something I read over on another forum. I made that very clear.

You can take it at face value in the good spirited way it was intended or you can choose to call it bull****, that's entirely your own choice and you may be right.

Personally, the vast majority of people (almost 100%) I have met through hunting and shooting were honorable people so my first instinct would be to trust them, it could be a personality fault of mine.

http://www.countrysideallianceinsurance.co.uk/ireland-members

http://www.countrysideallianceinsurance.co.uk/ROImembers

Thats good enough for me!

Straight from the horse's mouth:

Republic of Ireland Members
    1.  Republic of Ireland members who joined the Countryside Alliance or renewed their membership in 2019

Click here for benefits that are applicable up until the date of your membership renewal in 2020

2.  Republic of Ireland members who join the Countryside Alliance or renew their membership in 2020

Click here for essential insurance information that is applicable from the date you join or renew your membership in 2020

Please note: There are a number of significant changes to the programme of insurance, that is integral to your membership of the Countryside Alliance, that took effect from 1 January 2020.  This will not affect you if you joined the Countryside Alliance or renewed your membership in 2019.  However, if you join or renew your membership in 2020 the programme of insurance will change.  Please make sure you are familiar with the changes. 

Should you require any assistance please contact the Countryside Alliance insurance helpdesk T. +44 (0)1234 311219, E. sarah.morris@howdengroup.com.

IMPORTANT NEWS

From 1 January 2020 the programme of insurance linked to membership of the Countryside Alliance changed significantly.  If you joined the Countryside Alliance or renewed your membership in 2019 you will not be affected until the date of your 2020 renewal.

From that point there will be no insurance cover of any kind for individuals based in the Republic of Ireland.

LINKS

Countryside Alliance website

Countryside Alliance Ireland website

http://www.countrysideallianceinsurance.co.uk/ireland-members

http://www.countrysideallianceinsurance.co.uk/ROImembers

Thats good enough for me!

Straight from the horse's mouth:

Republic of Ireland Members
    1.  Republic of Ireland members who joined the Countryside Alliance or renewed their membership in 2019

Click here for benefits that are applicable up until the date of your membership renewal in 2020

2.  Republic of Ireland members who join the Countryside Alliance or renew their membership in 2020

Click here for essential insurance information that is applicable from the date you join or renew your membership in 2020

Please note: There are a number of significant changes to the programme of insurance, that is integral to your membership of the Countryside Alliance, that took effect from 1 January 2020.  This will not affect you if you joined the Countryside Alliance or renewed your membership in 2019.  However, if you join or renew your membership in 2020 the programme of insurance will change.  Please make sure you are familiar with the changes. 

Should you require any assistance please contact the Countryside Alliance insurance helpdesk T. +44 (0)1234 311219, E. sarah.morris@howdengroup.com.

IMPORTANT NEWS

From 1 January 2020 the programme of insurance linked to membership of the Countryside Alliance changed significantly.  If you joined the Countryside Alliance or renewed your membership in 2019 you will not be affected until the date of your 2020 renewal.

From that point there will be no insurance cover of any kind for individuals based in the Republic of Ireland.

LINKS

Countryside Alliance website

Countryside Alliance Ireland website

Up your hole deeksofdoom.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,183 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Chiparus

I was with them for the insurance, Due to renew this week, ( was supposed to in December, but left it till after Christmas) , does anyone know of other organisations I could join who provide this insurance?

Wishful thinking on your part.

Chiparus wrote: »
    I was with them for the insurance, Due to renew this week, ( was supposed to in December, but left it till after Christmas) , does anyone know of other organisations I could join who provide this insurance?

Give the them a bell, I think the IFA can provide cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Bad news indeed. I have been with them for the past 3 years. Real shame they are pulling out. I was paying €50 a year which is a bargain. If anyone else manages to find an alternative SINGLE Insurance membership, please post up the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭The pigeon man

Country sports Ireland.

€40 for individuals.

€30 per club member.

https://countrysportsireland.org/

• Advertisement

Thanks for that. Will move to them going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭berettaman

Chiparus wrote: »

NARGC provide cover to clubs €50 per man.

Level of cover stands up very well to competitors.

However, They do not cater for individuals.

Everyone should double check who they are underwritten by, this even goes for car your insurance.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Who would have thought, my Brother is with them and he said it was to do with Brexit, and them been based out of the jurisdiction, its a pity has they were a good bunch and always had time for a chat.

At this stage id be sticking to IFA and NARGC at least they are home grown and local with proven track record. I see what you mean about the car insurance (Gulp) was stung hard the last time an insurance company had to bail.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,934 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Make sure if you are in the "Have gun,will travel" category of shooter.That whoever you use also covers you outside the ROI.A couple of those didnt in the past.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Make sure if you are in the "Have gun,will travel" category of shooter.That whoever you use also covers you outside the ROI.A couple of those didnt in the past.

The last time I checked that in depth with the NARGC, and that’s a good while ago, cover was EU wide. I was advised to simply ring the fund manager to clarify any issues before traveling if there was any doubt. Did that once and got a conclusive answer in a matter of minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭berettaman

The last time I checked that in depth with the NARGC, and that’s a good while ago, cover was EU wide. I was advised to simply ring the fund manager to clarify any issues before traveling if there was any doubt. Did that once and got a conclusive answer in a matter of minutes.

If I recall correctly the NARGC made their cover Worldwide a couple of years ago in order to "Brexit Proof" the fund.

Also, if you are in doubt ring the fund administrator or any Committee member and they will answer any queries.

It is sad to see CA go but I know that the NARGC would not be found wanting to look after hunting and shooting clubs.
    It's vital that hunting clubs don't disband or dissolve over this, as hunters we are stronger together and we have enough antis trying to do us in.

This might not be as big a deal as some of us think. I spoke with my club and they have already met with an alternative provider and are in the final stages of a new insurance package.

From what I have been told, there are at least 3-4 other companies in Ireland offering insurance for Hunting and Shooting.

We will be ok, thankfully.

Advertisement