Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 BDO World Championships

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭sc86

How many is gona be there for monday afternoon if theres 20 left for last game on sunday night

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

sc86 wrote: »
    How many is gona be there for monday afternoon if theres 20 left for last game on sunday night

indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭ebbsy

US2 wrote: »
    Theres a go fund me set up for the women's prize money haha

Actually I thought you were joking.

But you are not.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

I watch the bdo annually but alas this year is very poor presentation wise. It does feel like it's coming to the end of its life

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

It's getting to the point where so many people have left that I'm trying to count the crowd when the camera switches to the view from behind the board. Potentially less than 50 spectators still in the venue with a good chunk of this match still to be played.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭sc86

Hogan is actually a player who could have been much better than he has been over the years

• Registered Users Posts: 13,310 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

There's another match still to be played after this one, going to be a bleak crowd.

I see a woman going around clearing the empty tables etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

****s sake that wasn't even the last match! Have to feel for the two players coming out to play now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭shockframe

sc86 wrote: »
    Hogan is actually a player who could have been much better than he has been over the years

Hogan on his day is a right good player.

He'd be a danger to most of the top players in the early rounds of Ally Pally even.

• Advertisement

^^

Be funny if someone fkd up the intro music and "ghost town" came on for the nxt one

edit 2 posts up responding to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

A maximum for everyone in the audience, hooray.

https://twitter.com/BDOdarts/status/1213943600272347139?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭shockframe

Kleermaker takes the first set against Colin Murray lookalike

I,ve seen more people in the local bingo hall.

I was trying to count them myself and including in the background which was pretty dark
    i'd say upwards on 90. A travesty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

I watch the bdo annually but alas this year is very poor presentation wise. It does feel like it's coming to the end of its life

And if it is, what an undignified end, but it's a mess entirely of their own making. The BDO could give a masterclass on how to fcuk up a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,530 ✭✭✭✭klose

A quick look at the available tickets for tomorrow and it looks like it will be a ghost town. Surely they'd be better off charging a fiver in and running drinks promotions for the rest of this to atleast have them save a bit of face?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭nkl12xtw5goz70

klose wrote: »
    A quick look at the available tickets for tomorrow and it looks like it will be a ghost town. Surely they'd be better off charging a fiver in and running drinks promotions for the rest of this to atleast have them save a bit of face?

Was looking at tickets for tonight's session. They're charging between 36 and 60 pounds as an entrance fee, which is crazy money for the standard of darts on show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

There looks to be a decent crowd at it today.
    Dplay app works grand for anyone interested, I thought it would be geo restricted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Good game there.
    A rather comical moment there near the end where the English bloke who seemed to be about 5 foot nothing bent down to pick a dart from the floor and yer man threw over his head 🀔
    Maybe cos even if he was standing straight up he wouldn't have hit him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Is that Hood chap a Down Syndrome person?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

The way the comms are talking there must be something alright. Fairplay to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Stewball

There looks to be a decent crowd at it today.
    Dplay app works grand for anyone interested, I thought it would be geo restricted.

They seemed to have closed off the 'friends & family' area to the right of the walk on and have lumped them into the regular crowd area to make it look less empty.

Wonder if they'll do it again for the evening session?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭celt262

This game hard to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Christ, Hamilton on the doubles is horrific.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Is that Hood chap a Down Syndrome person?

MOD NOTE: Don't post in this thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

Terrible stuff here..nice to see the ref tell the crowd not to shout out while the players are throwing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Can someone send me a stream link for the games on at the moment please? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Was looking at tickets for tonight's session. They're charging between 36 and 60 pounds as an entrance fee, which is crazy money for the standard of darts on show.

This completely. I'm living in London and thought they'd be around £15. A joke what they're charging. If they had any sense they'd drop the prices to the floor just to generate a bit of atmosphere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Crowds are better than I expected after last night in fairness.

Advertisement