Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are non-EU permanent resident in Ireland qualified to apply for J1 visa?

Options
  • 18-12-2019 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I have Stamp 4 visa permanent residence status in Ireland. I am interested to apply for a J1 work programme though to get a temp job in US to better my career prospects as well to see the world. Would a non-EU permanent resident in Ireland, such as myself, qualify for J1 visa? If yes, does anyone if I would require additional paperwork?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,041 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Visas are usually granted on citizenship not on residence. The US Embassy should be able to help with a definitive answer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭dennyk

Your residence permission in Ireland makes no difference for whether you'd qualify for a particular US visa; only your actual citizenship matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭LuciX

I have Stamp 4 visa permanent residence status in Ireland.

Stamp 4 is not permanent residence status.
    Like stamp 1 or 2 the applicant must meet the requirements in order to have get it renewed.

Permanent residence status is stamp 5!

Advertisement