Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron maiden never burned the Irish flag

Options
  • 16-12-2019 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

So I wanted to end the rumors about this that maiden burned the Irish flag and or don't like the Irish and skip us on their tours. So i got the chance to ask Brice these questions and he answered them and here is those answers. I asked 2 and he answers those 2. So if you ever hear somebody saying this **** then you just show them this video. https://youtu.be/N15u0dmbF4k

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,006 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Never heard that rumour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Thanks for this.
    I was at this show and wondered what idiot posed those questions.
    Now I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Wut?! That was Megadeth! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

God sake lads. That was everyone somebody didn’t like.

It was a rumour aimed at whatever band or celeb you liked but somebody else didn’t.

Sinead o Connor and Bono Tore something up(can’t remember what) as far as I remember but they were protests at the Catholic Church or the war in the north.

Could be even imagining that.

But no foreign band or artist tearsup the Irish flag, it’d be rediculous career suicide.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

I don't follow the band but if people did ever burn Irish flags they aren't really referring to the Irish republic they are making reference to us northern Catholics and the IRA, the IRA did have southern members though.

My mother always talks about when people spat on Westlife, I don't know where she heard that as there is no trace of such an event. Everytime she tells the story the people change, one time it is Paul Gascoigne and Chris Evans and the next it is Robbie Williams who has an Irish grandmother.

• Advertisement

I was working the bar in the point when Maiden were playing. About 20 mins in, Bruce started swinging 2 Union Jack's. Cue the F&B manager (a short little tyrant) running around to all the bars, "shut the bloody bar, shut the bloody bar!"

:D

My mother always talks about when people spat on Westlife, I don't know where she heard that as there is no trace of such an event. Everytime she tells the story the people change, one time it is Paul Gascoigne and Chris Evans and the next it is Robbie Williams who has an Irish grandmother.

What do all these celebrities have in common that would make people would spit on them? Does your mother just not like them?

Advertisement