Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Young Adult in Limbo

Options
  • 15-12-2019 4:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I am a 21 year old who wishes to relocate to Dublin, but am unable to foot the rent that comes with it. I live in a rural area - it drains every bit of my spirit, and a deep yearn for adventure and life, knowing it is out of reach, helps well in adding to my misery.

I love entrepreneruship, I love people. I would ask for a couch to be spared. I may not have money enough for rent, but I certainly will search out a job (whilst trying to actualise my dreams and business ideas as well).

Plus, I am sociable, very helpful, clean, organised, and tactful. *grin*

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,315 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Have you thought about joining one of the services? Army, navy? Irish or British. Great way to see the world.

Volunteer for one of the charities overseas?

Some hotels have staff accommodation. It will be crap but it will be free or cheap.

Set yourself a goal and go for it! Thinking about it achieves nothing.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Lincoln98 wrote: »
    I live in a rural area - it drains every bit of my spirit, and a deep yearn for adventure and life, knowing it is out of reach, helps well in adding to my misery.

I love entrepreneruship, I love people. I would ask for a couch to be spared. I may not have money enough for rent, but I certainly will search out a job (whilst trying to actualise my dreams and business ideas as well).

I could offer you a couch (once it's vacated by the Mexican whose currently using it) ... but I live in a rural area 1000km from Dublin, so frying pan<->fire? Then again, my newly acquired Mexican isn't complaining about the lack of adventure or life - not after staggering in the door at 4:30am after a night's dancing with the natives.

In between the late nights and long weekends, there's a roof that needs to be stripped and re-laid, chickens to be chased, potatoes to be dug, and a fierce load of planning to be done for future events. Will I put you down for three months or six? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

You bored again Lincoln?
    HERE

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Lincoln98

You bored again Lincoln?
    HERE

It is quite clear, I must say, who the bored one is of us both.
    Any person with time to spare to taunt has no respect of time at all.

😄😄Your housemate seems to be having a ball! That's one for the papers😅

But I will have to pass on that, thank you. All you have mentioned is within access here where I live, so it would be of no difference.

Fingers crossed I get the city centre soon.

THANK YOU, KIND SIR!

• Advertisement

I could offer you a couch (once it's vacated by the Mexican whose currently using it) ... but I live in a rural area 1000km from Dublin, so frying pan<->fire? Then again, my newly acquired Mexican isn't complaining about the lack of adventure or life - not after staggering in the door at 4:30am after a night's dancing with the natives.

In between the late nights and long weekends, there's a roof that needs to be stripped and re-laid, chickens to be chased, potatoes to be dug, and a fierce load of planning to be done for future events. Will I put you down for three months or six? :pac:

😄😄Your housemate seems to be having a ball! That's one for the papers😅

But I will have to pass on that, thank you. All you have mentioned is within access here where I live, so it would be of no difference.

Fingers crossed I get the city centre soon.

THANK YOU, KIND SIR!

Have you thought about joining one of the services? Army, navy? Irish or British. Great way to see the world.

Volunteer for one of the charities overseas?

Some hotels have staff accommodation. It will be crap but it will be free or cheap.

Set yourself a goal and go for it! Thinking about it achieves nothing.

Good luck!

Sound advice. Neither crossed my mind🀔. Thanks a bunch.

I guess I am quite bent on moving to the city because my goal is not to traverse the span of the world - for now - but to be in an environment that heavily encourages entrepreneurship and is full of entrepreneurs.

Again, thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭makeandcreate

Try Help X - you work 15 to 20 hours a week in exchange for basic bed and breakfast. Lot's of free time to pursue your goals. You'd need to trawl through the listings but there are some there - and the "good" hosts will be in demand but pitching yourself will be good practise.
    https://www.helpx.net/host.asp?hostID=19174&network=3

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement