Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Resident Evil Megathread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,470 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Yeah, didn't look good at all. Just glad it's an add-on, and hopefully not being worked on extensively at the expense of something else.

I was just going for an outbreak type game so disappointed with it. Still, 8 looks incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Have had Resi 7 on the PC for ages now, have booted it up months back and played the first section but not been back since. Maybe should get back to it before this is out!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yeah, Village is looking spectacular. Think they've definitely taken aspects of the Re4 initial build, with what seems to be supernatural elements, and that hook...

Re:verse is a decision that looks like it should have been reversed...

Showcase for anyone interested. The demo was awesome, will definitely be getting this on launch. RE:verse .... that time, money and effort could have surely gone to better use. Will surely die quicker than resistance. 2 bad multiplayer modes in a row when fans have been screaming for mercenaries and outbreak.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I don't know why they keep trying to make RE multiplayer a thing, nobody cares.

• Advertisement

I was selected for the RE:Verse beta.......yay? :(

Same. Had I known what I was signing up to test in the first place, I'd not have bothered, tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,635 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Lads, it's your duty to play it and tell them how ****e it is!

I just can't wrap my head around the decisions that lead to this...

"I know what people want from Resident Evil multi player... A bunch of Resident Evil characters able to run around and shoot each other..."

It's like they took a poll and went with the lowest scoring option!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

ReVerse looks almost as bad as REsistance.

All they had to do was make one big Mercenaries game with a huge roster and most people would be happy.

• Advertisement

They should just make a Left for Dead-style game with levels/characters from all over the series.

They may have already tried this, I don't pay a lot of attention to RE multiplayer games.

Beta times for RE:Verse for Irish time (their email made it very confusing).

Beta Period:
    ・January 28, 6am - 1pm GMT
    ・January 29, 1am - 8am GMT
    ・January 29, 3pm - 10pm GMT
    ・January 30, 6am - January 31, 6am GMT

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Have to say I'm extremely impressed....by the level of awfulness shown in the RE: Verse trailer.

I

I applied through the ambassador program but havent heard anything back yet.............

Oh and just FYI there were more MASSIVE leaks today expanding on future story stuff related to 8 and 4 REmake. The 4 stuff isn't that spoliery though if you want to seek it out.

They are going to be retconning a bunch of stuff from the older titiles. Nothing too hard though.

Resi 4 development is sounding a bit messy. A 2023 these date seems ages out.
    According to VGC, Capcom has taken over development of RE 4 Remake and that M-Two’s (RE 3 Remake dev) role on RE4’s remake would be significantly reduced .

"It’s believed that the disagreements that led to M-Two’s reduced role involved the studio’s desire to stick faithfully to the template of the original Resident Evil 4, partly influenced by backlash to Resident Evil 3’s remake, which did not include significant portions of the original PlayStation game, much to fans’ disappointment.

Capcom’s production team, however, is said to prefer a direction which would see RE4’s remake inspired by the original, but with its own unique take on features, story elements and environments not necessarily confined to the blueprint of the original, similar to Resident Evil 2‘s use of Mr. X.

Sources said that the Resident Evil 4 Remake would now be partially rebooted under the new mandate, which could see its release delayed by as much as a year to 2023."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Rob2D wrote: »
    I applied through the ambassador program but havent heard anything back yet.............

Oh and just FYI there were more MASSIVE leaks today expanding on future story stuff related to 8 and 4 REmake. The 4 stuff isn't that spoliery though if you want to seek it out.

They are going to be retconning a bunch of stuff from the older titiles. Nothing too hard though.

Any links to this stuff? I can't seem to find it.

ASOT wrote: »
    Any links to this stuff? I can't seem to find it.

The link would be gone now. But I could recount what I heard (in spoiler tags) here if folks were agreeable?.....

I will say that what Zero Cool quoted above was among what I heard so the rest may well be true. Although the date I have for 4 is a MINIMUM of 3 years out from now. Which would put it at 2024. With NO other RE games currently in or planned development.

The link would be gone now. But I could recount what I heard (in spoiler tags) here if folks were agreeable?.....

I will say that what Zero Cool quoted above was among what I heard so the rest may well be true. Although the date I have for 4 is a MINIMUM of 3 years out from now. Which would put it at 2024. With NO other RE games currently in or planned development.

Ah it's ok, I'm sure RE:Verse will keep us going til then... That's their plan right?... Riiiiight??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Big changes to RE4? Heres hoping they fix it.. Y'know.. more like REmake 2 and less like fricken Time Crisis... :pac:

nix wrote: »
    Big changes to RE4? Heres hoping they fix it.. Y'know.. more like REmake 2 and less like fricken Time Crisis... :pac:

3USgt2g.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Time Crisis was godlike, less survival horror and more Wild Dog please!

Azza wrote: »
    Time Crisis was godlike, less survival horror and more Wild Dog please!

Get that Time Crisis trash out of here.

Virtua_Cop_Game_Cover.jpg

Seriously, how many devs work on Resident Evil? Resi 8, RE:Verse, Resistance updates (i assume), Resi 4 remake and now talks of Resi 7 next gen upgrade.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Seriously, how many devs work on Resident Evil? Resi 8, RE:Verse, Resistance updates (i assume), Resi 4 remake and now talks of Resi 7 next gen upgrade.

Capcom have a lot of money to throw around.

Zero-Cool wrote: »

In a time period of just over 3 years they released RE7, RE2R, RE3R and RE Resistance.

So a lot. It's not like their other games suffered either, they had huge games like Monster Hunter World and DMC5 come out in that period too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,198 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Capcom have a lot of money to throw around.

So long as some of that money is going to Devil May Cry 6 they can make all the crappy Resident Evil remakes and multiplayers that want.

Penn wrote: »
    So long as some of that money is going to Devil May Cry 6 they can make all the crappy Resident Evil remakes and multiplayers that want.

Hopefully DMC6 involves more than just running in a straight line for 5 hours like DMC5.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,635 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I wouldn't object to them throwing a few bob into a Dino Crisis reboot either.

Anyone see Resi 3 Remake going cheap anywhere (physical copy)? I was looking to speand 25, 30 max but can only find it from 35 up. I'm sure it will drop in price soon enough like 2 so might hold out. Want to finally give it a go.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,049 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Penn wrote: »

Feel like Resi 3 remake killed Capcom's new "Golden Era" for me.

Really need to play 7.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Advertisement