Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guns N Roses - Marlay Park June 27th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭eamonn147

No gold circle on Ticketmaster at the moment.

GA still available.

I thought it had sold out this morning as there was no tickets left

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

eamonn147 wrote: »
    Did it not sell out in 1 day...
    grimm2005 wrote: »
    And then went back on general sale a couple of weeks before the gig and remained available until the day.

Second hand market was also flooded with tickets going cheap as well so I think I'm going to hold off until closer to the day.
    This is the good thing about sites like this, you can see what actually happened, not just what people think they remember, or people just searching old media articles who had no problem reiterating MCDs bogus claims.

The slane thread was here
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057677722&page=12

I remember thinking of going as I could have easily gotten a ticket for €50, some friends went and people were giving away tickets outside but I was still not on for the ordeal and expense of getting there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Why are people so obsessed with it selling out? If you have ticket go and enjoy the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Why are people so obsessed with it selling out? If you have ticket go and enjoy the gig.
    I would guess it is people who do NOT have a ticket who are wondering about it, some might have cash but would rather wait. And others are just telling them do not believe the lying scum that is MCD.

Was great to see those scumbag cunts getting in trouble with the advertising authority.

https://www.thejournal.ie/mcd-asai-bulletin-4935534-Dec2019/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭fyfe79

rubadub wrote: »
    I would guess it is people who do NOT have a ticket who are wondering about it, some might have cash but would rather wait. And others are just telling them do not believe the lying scum that is MCD.

Was great to see those scumbag cunts getting in trouble with the advertising authority.

The complaint about “49.90 incl. booking fee” implying that the total price was 49.90 is spot on as well. Saw it with the Sunstroke tickets.

MCD trying to pull the other one by saying that the “incl. booking fee” applies to them, not Ticketmaster’s booking fee…… if that’s the case, what exactly are MCD “booking” if they have Ticketmaster doing it instead?

Cowboys, Ted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

MCD are now an entity of Livenation in entirety I believe since around August they swing with TM so tis all the most convenient gangbang.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

fyfe79 wrote: »
    The complaint about “49.90 incl. booking fee” implying that the total price was 49.90 is spot on as well. Saw it with the Sunstroke tickets.

MCD trying to pull the other one by saying that the “incl. booking fee” applies to them, not Ticketmaster’s booking fee…… if that’s the case, what exactly are MCD “booking” if they have Ticketmaster doing it instead?

Cowboys, Ted.

In that article on the Journal, it sounds to me that the guy that made the complaint regarding the booking fee, and the author of the article, think that the additional charge per ticket, is the booking fee.

The additional charge is the service charge. The booking fee is within the stated face value ticket price. Ticketmaster receives the service charge. The promoter of the gig receives the face value ticket price. The booking fee is included within the face value ticket price.

The service charge per ticket, when buying online through Ticketmaster for the Guns N Roses gig in Marlay Park, is 7.15 euros. The face value price, which includes the booking fee, for a general admission standing ticket is 99.50 euros. If buying one general admission standing ticket for that gig through Ticketmaster's website, the total is 106.65 euros.

It is stated in the article in The Journal:

"In a separate complaint to the ASAI about MCD, a man complained that an advertisement stating a ticket cost “€49.90 incl. booking fee” suggested that the booking fee was included in this €49.90 price.
    When he went to book the ticket, he was charged an additional fee by the booking agent".

"MCD said that this additional charge came from Ticketmaster, which applies a service charge on top of a ticket price. It said this information was clearly outlined on the website. ".

The additional charge is the service charge. The booking fee is within the stated face value price of the ticket.

In the first item. from Ticketmaster's website below, it is stated that the additional charge is the service charge, not the booking fee.

It states

"Service Charge
    This is the only part of the booking that we keep – the face value goes straight to the event organisers. These charges help us to cover the costs involved in running our website and booking line".

https://help.ticketmaster.ie/hc/en-ie/articles/360011118614-What-are-the-booking-fees-for-

In the next item, from Ticketmaster's website, regarding the service charge, it is stated

"Service Charge

This per-ticket service charge is the main income for Ticketmaster and this cost varies from event to event, but it is always agreed in consultation with our client. This fee contributes to our banking / merchant transaction fees and distribution costs and also helps pay for the technology, including installation and maintenance of computer hardware and software, telephone lines, associated labour in addition to access control at venues that makes it possible to provide the most convenient - and safest - ticket buying options available.

Ticketmaster's Service Charge is 12.5% of the ticket cost with a minimum of €1.65 (Republic Of Ireland) or £1.00 (Northern Ireland) up to a maximum of €7.75 (Republic Of Ireland excl. Packages) or £6.00 (Northern Ireland excl. packages) including VAT."

https://help.ticketmaster.ie/hc/en-ie/articles/360012133593-What-are-the-ticket-prices-

In this next item below, on Ticketmaster's website, it is stated:

"How Are Ticket Prices Determined?

We sell tickets on behalf of our clients, including artists, venues, and event organisers. Our clients decide the face value price of their tickets and when a ticket is sold we pay our clients the money collected from the sale of that ticket.

Similarly all per ticket service charges and per booking third party order processing fees are decided in consultation with our clients. Ticketmaster does not set these fees without the agreement of our clients.
    Here is the breakdown of a ticket purchase:

Face Value Price

The ticket face value price is always set by our clients. The only exception is for Platinum Tickets, where we work with our clients to decide an appropriate market based price. In most circumstances, Ticketmaster sends the amount it collects on the face value of the tickets to its clients

Service Charge

This per-ticket service charge is the main income for Ticketmaster and this cost varies from event to event, but it is always agreed in consultation with our client. This fee contributes to our banking / merchant transaction fees and distribution costs and also helps pay for the technology, including installation and maintenance of computer hardware and software, telephone lines, associated labour in addition to access control at venues that makes it possible to provide the most convenient - and safest - ticket buying options available.

Ticketmaster's Service Charge is 12.5% of the ticket cost with a minimum of €1.65 (Republic Of Ireland) or £1.00 (Northern Ireland) up to a maximum of €7.75 (Republic Of Ireland excl. Packages) or £6.00 (Northern Ireland excl. packages) including VAT.

Facility Fee/Restoration Levy

Occasionally, there may also be a facility fee. This is set by the venue, and we send the fee directly to them – we don't keep any of this charge. The reason for the fee varies, but it's usually there to help the venue make improvements".

https://help.ticketmaster.ie/hc/en-ie/articles/360012133593-Ticket-Prices-?_ga=2.133550990.1450886113.1576498716-950254983.1576498716

How well are ticket sales going I got golden circle, hope the gig sells out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

eamonn147 wrote: »
    How well are ticket sales going I got golden circle, hope the gig sells out

Is there something wrong with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Sam Hain wrote: »

There is nothing wrong with asking how well tickets are selling.

On the Ticketmaster site, the gold circle tickets are off sale, in the Standard Tickets section option. It appears that all that is available to sell, in the Standard Tickets section, are the general standing tickets at 99.50 euros.

From this, one might reasonably conclude, that gold circle tickets in the Standard Tickets section, at 159.50 euros each, are sold out.

But when you peruse the VIP Packages tickets section, it shows an option for buying Gold Circle Early Entry tickets. These are available, but at 338.40 euros.

It sounds like Gold Circle tickets in the Standard Tickets section, could easily still be made available, if they are currently available under the VIP Packages section.

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/guns-n-roses-vip-packages-dublin-27-06-2020/event/1800578BDEE4B704

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Some people get an extra buzz out of knowing a gig is sold out. Cool thing. Others, like me, are just nerds for live music in general and enjoy knowing what the buzz is for any particular gig. Also cool.

Poor form.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Got a Ticketmaster voucher for Christmas. What's the chances of getting accessible tickets now?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Got a ticket as a Christmas present from my daughter haven’t seen them live since 92

27 years ago

Are they still any good....,

Got a ticket as a Christmas present from my daughter haven’t seen them live since 92

27 years ago

Yeah prob better they are way more together now

27 years ago

Saw them a couple of times on the last tour and the show was phenomenal both times. (didn't do Slane)

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

GnR's Slane 2017 performance was far better than Slane 92 IMO and i was a few people back from the rail at both.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Went to see them in Slane last year, and while the gig was good I couldn't help but think what it would be like to kick back on a proper warm summer's night and enjoy the gig in its entirety without been stuck in the pissing rain and hell hole of Slane.

.. as I've already booked my family holiday to Mexico at the end of June so I've decided to skip Marley park and bought tickets to see them in Sevilla and Lisbon in May. Tickets where 79e each and flights where approx 80e each with Ryanair, so for the equivalent price of a golden circle ticket in Marley I will hopefully to see them in relative comfort.. so far air bn'b options are a mixed bag but I might plum for a half decent hotel and make a 3 or 4 day break out of it on a mini lads holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,766 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

GnR's Slane 2017 performance was far better than Slane 92 IMO and i was a few people back from the rail at both.

London stadium that year was amazing as well and my first after seeing the farcical 2010 and then the "apologie' show in 2012

Few drinks talking but did anyone else find the 'reunion' a little disappointing ???. All the dream scenarios and stuff but all the 'feuds' seemed settled behind closed doors and ended up being announced during a routine "Coachella festival' announcement

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

PTH2009 wrote: »
    London stadium that year was amazing as well and my first after seeing the farcical 2010 and then the "apologie' show in 2012

Few drinks talking but did anyone else find the 'reunion' a little disappointing ???. All the dream scenarios and stuff but all the 'feuds' seemed settled behind closed doors and ended up being announced during a routine "Coachella festival' announcement

Lay off the few drinks lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

Went to see them in Slane last year, and while the gig was good I couldn't help but think what it would be like to kick back on a proper warm summer's night and enjoy the gig in its entirety without been stuck in the pissing rain and hell hole of Slane.

.. as I've already booked my family holiday to Mexico at the end of June so I've decided to skip Marley park and bought tickets to see them in Sevilla and Lisbon in May. Tickets where 79e each and flights where approx 80e each with Ryanair, so for the equivalent price of a golden circle ticket in Marley I will hopefully to see them in relative comfort.. so far air bn'b options are a mixed bag but I might plum for a half decent hotel and make a 3 or 4 day break out of it on a mini lads holiday.

Where did you find Sevilla tickets, I can only see early entry tickets at 300+

I'm in the same boat so going to catch a gig abroad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Orla99

You booked it did you?
    Might explain a few things.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭robz150

Looks like it's only the US but Smashing Pumpkins as support in Marlay Park would be nice!
    https://www.nme.com/news/music/smashing-pumpkins-to-open-for-guns-n-roses-during-tour-2606058

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

robz150 wrote: »
    Looks like it's only the US but Smashing Pumpkins as support in Marlay Park would be nice!
    https://www.nme.com/news/music/smashing-pumpkins-to-open-for-guns-n-roses-during-tour-2606058

Cast your mind back to the mid 90's (Melon Collie & Spag Incident eras), i doubt many people then would have said the Pumkins would one day open for GnR !!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,372 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

wawaman wrote: »
    Cast your mind back to the mid 90's (Melon Collie & Spag Incident eras), i doubt many people then would have said the Pumkins would one day open for GnR !!

Can those of us who went to the Pumpkins 'farewell' gig in the Olympia in 2000 get a refund please?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Pearl Jam cancelled their Euro tour.

Santana cancelled their Euro tour.

This will be cancelled too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

The Nal wrote: »
    Pearl Jam cancelled their Euro tour.

Santana cancelled their Euro tour.

This will be cancelled too.

As yet pearl jam have only cancelled the American leg of their gigaton tour.the european leg of it has not been cancelled yet.

As yet pearl jam have only cancelled the American leg of their gigaton tour.the european leg of it has not been cancelled yet.

Aha yes just saw that. They'll bin Europe aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭sabrewulf

[sarcasm]
    When all the June gigs are rescheduled, can we please make sure they are all falling into the same month again. Ideally have some major similar acts perform on the same day at different venues like with the current June schedule. Avoid at all cost spreading this over a longer date range!
    [/sarcasm]

As annoying as rescheduling is, the June cramming of gigs this year is ridiculous, so it can really only improve.

Unlikely bands will be able to tour Spain, France, Italy and Germany this summer. They need those markets for the tour to be financially viable. If they can't play there they'll bin the entire tour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭kg703

sabrewulf wrote: »
    [sarcasm]
    When all the June gigs are rescheduled, can we please make sure they are all falling into the same month again. Ideally have some major similar acts perform on the same day at different venues like with the current June schedule. Avoid at all cost spreading this over a longer date range!
    [/sarcasm]

As annoying as rescheduling is, the June cramming of gigs this year is ridiculous, so it can really only improve.

Its actually bizarre - I have nearly two gigs a week in June. If they all get cancelled, I am going to be rolling in it.

Of course I dont want that to happen one of them Ive booked flights for (Germany - eep)

No word from ticketmaster on refunds for Santana yet

Like Biffy Clyro but feel hesitant about buying anything until the world settles down

Advertisement