Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overlooked by offices

Options
  • 12-12-2019 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭

Hi,

The house that I'm living in is overlooked by offices. The windows on the top floor of the office have until recently been frosted so that people in the offices could not look into our rooms. I think this was agreed with the people living in the house that I'm in back when the offices were being built, but that was many years ago.

Recently the frosting has come off a couple of the windows, such that people in the offices can look right into my bedroom. There doesn't look as if there's any moves to replace it.

Do I have any recourse? If I do, what sort of recourse do I have? The offices are about 30 m from the house (or about 17 m from the property as a whole)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

Hi,

The house that I'm living in is overlooked by offices. The windows on the top floor of the office have until recently been frosted so that people in the offices could not look into our rooms. I think this was agreed with the people living in the house that I'm in back when the offices were being built, but that was many years ago.

Recently the frosting has come off a couple of the windows, such that people in the offices can look right into my bedroom. There doesn't look as if there's any moves to replace it.

Do I have any recourse? If I do, what sort of recourse do I have? The offices are about 30 m from the house (or about 17 m from the property as a whole)
    Is there any condition in the planning permission regarding the frosting. Any mention of a covenant in the title deeds?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,782 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Check the planning permission on the council website.

Or put on a floor show one day and send the company an invoice for entertainment services.

Mod
    Mrs O'B,that would be naughty.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Hi,

Are you guessing based on some windows being frosted currently or do you have hard evidence of this agreement i.e subject to planning permission

• Registered Users Posts: 78,313 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Do look at the planning permission. However, at 30 metres, I suspect there might not be much you can o, but appeal to the management.

Advertisement