Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kilcullen Services

• 11-12-2019 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

I see this is now open with the usual assortment of food retailers. It got me thinking about the cost of the works to put flyover in, roads etc and the fact Circle K, McDonalds will all benefit without having to contribute to this.

Who owns this site now it’s complete. Is it the state and the retailers pay rent, rates etc or is it now in private hands after probable vast state monies were spent providing access. Just curious as to how a scenario like this works

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Generally the operator will pay TII fees. TII still own it

They got 1.9m in income in 2018 from services. The operator has to do all maintenance and return it in a condition to do another period of time (many years) without expected heavy maintenance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

L1011 wrote: »
    Generally the operator will pay TII fees. TII still own it

They got 1.9m in income in 2018 from services. The operator has to do all maintenance and return it in a condition to do another period of time (many years) without expected heavy maintenance

Thanks, €1.9m does not sound like much of a return considering outlay. However I imagine there is some requirement some where saying they need a certain amount of these per km of road.

This one always felt a bit unnecessary though as 15-20 mins either side you have other services and there are much longer stretches of motorway without these.

Advertisement