Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Criminally slept on music

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Great bit of music but people don’t want to see music as something other than something to shake their ass to anymore. The only people that’ll appreciate something like that is other musicians.

Thread will turn into a pile of bands trying to get YouTube hits on their collection of songs that sound very like everything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

We were in nyc earlier this year, and went down to the Bowery Ballroom and took a chance something good would be on.. these were the support act to Susto.

She was selling her merch at the end of her set and my wife got taking to her. Very nice person. The cd has been on repeat in my wife's car since.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Very similar story, Your Heart Breaks was the support act to Kimya Dawson in the Workman's a couple of years ago. Really didn't think much of it starting off but by the end of the set the whole audience was singing along.

A big favorite with loads of personal bias is Elephantstopper as an old school mate is lead. All of 8 likes, anyone wants to add one I'm guessing they'd be chuffed to make 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Found this US band Mohican on one of those post rock channels on Youtube a few years back. Similar sound to Mogwai if you like that type of thing. Tend to listen to this track in particular every now and then, yet only has 900 odd views despite being up for years:

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Advertisement