Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Revolut Megathread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Can’t give you any alternatives I’m afraid but contactless payments made with the card are fine for junior cards. I’d imagine a fair amount of her classmates will be in the same situation

• Registered Users Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Certain card types so far were triggering a load fee when used to load revolut (commercial cards, foreign cards etc.), one could avoid this by using ApplePay or Google Pay, however new terms are on the way and now using those cards via Apple/Google will attract possibly a 1,34% fee.

The fee might be different in the final terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭spuddy

If you use a commercial card at the moment the fee is 1.34% so giving the wording in the e-mails send out that commercial cards via Apple Pay/Google Pay now also attract the fee, it's most likely the same. Which is why I said "The fee might be different in the final terms."

I clearly stated that it's only for those cards which at the moment get charged the fee and where Apple Pay/Google was a workaround, that workaround is going to go away.

Consumer cards from an EU contry stay free (at the moment).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,079 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Does anyone know if there is an issue with Revolut receiving money from Paypal?

I sold something on Adverts and received the money from the buyer via Paypal. I sent it to to my Revolut account but they seem to over reverted it now.

I'm talking to someone on the app about it atm but this is weird.

Ok so they told me it was to do with my iban! Paypal never told me it wasn't valid anymore it was changed ages ago!. Something to keep an eye on sure.

Post edited by How Soon Is Now on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭amber2

@DubDani I know not what you asked but fyi, In Ireland Apple Pay age limit is 16 also unfortunately not 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bugsyb4

Been offered a free 3 month trial with Premium plan, does anyone know if take this up do I commit to a years contract or anything?

Trial has to be redeemed by 15th Jan I think and I have no real interest in this plan long term it is just we are heading to The States in March so be handy to have for that!

If I cancel before 3 months is up do I still get to stay on the plan to end of 3 months if this is even allowed?

Thanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,981 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Financial institutions regularly change their terms and conditions and while we all can make an educated guess, nobody but you can know the actual terms you sign up to, so read them carefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

Is AIB working to top up Revolut? I'm opening up an AIB account because I'm with EBS and sick of their lack of app.

I read on Reddit that people are having spurious top up problems when using their AIB debit card with Revolut.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I'm using it from the get-go and never had any issues. I have my AIB card attached to Google Pay/Wallet and it's through that I top-up Revolut

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I've never had issues. I always use Apple Pay to top upz

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

I just want to top up with the AIB debit card, no apple or Google pay. Does it work ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Citrus_8

Revolut is soon to offer an IE IBAN for residents of Ireland. Current Lithuanian BIC Revolt would probably change to Revoie(?)

https://m.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/banking/revolut-granted-irish-ibans-piling-pressure-on-mainstream-banks-42306631.html

That makes me wonder how many of the over 2 million customers they claim in Ireland will go over and use Revolut as their main bank account.

With the exception of the low ATM limits on the free plan the current free offering including loans might be a very good alternative to the current banks.

However, it's sad that a provider has to offer IE IBAN instead of the various regulators we have enforcing the letter and spirit of the SEPA regulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

If they let me assign an Irish IBAN to a shared vault they'll become my main bank account

Wow that was fast, this just showed up in my e-mail

We love having you as a customer, and are constantly looking for ways to improve your customer experience. That’s why we've decided to set up an Irish branch of Revolut Bank UAB!

What does this mean for me?

Currently, as an Irish Revolut Bank UAB customer, your Euro account details have a Lithuanian IBAN.

We'll soon be moving you to the Irish branch of Revolut Bank UAB, and replacing your Lithuanian IBAN with a brand new Irish IBAN.

What are the benefits?

With an Irish IBAN, your Revolut account will now be even better suited for use as a primary account to:

Getting your salary paid directly into Revolut

Making payments via Direct Debit

- Avoiding the additional paperwork required for non-Irish IBANs

- Paying utility providers directly from your Revolut account

And of course, you’ll still be able to use all the services and features you love.

When will I get my Irish IBAN?

We're working hard to get the Irish branch up and running as soon as possible.

We aim to start migrating existing customers like you to our Irish branch in a phased manner, approximately two months from the date of this email.

You will get your Irish IBAN on the day that we move you to the Irish branch. We will notify you when you have been transferred.

In order to make the transition seamless, you'll still be able to receive payments using your Lithuanian IBAN for two months after you are transferred to the Irish branch.

After that, your Lithuanian IBAN will expire.

What steps do I need to take?

Once you move to the Irish branch, you'll need to contact anyone who uses your Lithuanian IBAN and replace those details with your new Irish IBAN.

For example, your employer or social services might pay you using your Lithuanian IBAN, or you might have Direct Debits connected to your Lithuanian IBAN. You will need to update these people with details of your new Irish IBAN.

What other changes can I expect?

Once you move to the Irish branch, our new personal terms will apply.

These are broadly similar to our existing terms, but we've made some changes to explain the new branch structure, and to make sure we're fully compliant with Irish laws.

In summary:

• Revolut Bank UAB will provide you with most of the banking and payment services for your Revolut account via its Irish branch
    • Irish AML/KYC rules (Anti-Money Laundering and Know Your Customer rules) will apply to your Revolut account
    • Your Personal Terms will be governed by Irish law (this used to be Lithuanian law)
    • If you have any complaints after going through our internal processes, you'll be able to take your complaint to the Financial Services and Pensions Ombudsman in Ireland (this used to be the Bank of Lithuania) in respect of services provided by the Irish branch

We've made some minor changes to our terms and conditions across our website to ensure our services are clearly explained, and that nothing contradicts our new Personal Terms.

How can I find out more?

If you have any further questions, please refer to our FAQs here. We've also got a helpful blog post here.

Any concerns?

We’re confident this process will run smoothly, and that there'll be little or no disruption to your services.

If you'd like to speak with a customer support agent or to make a complaint, please get in touch via our in-app customer support chat.

If for any reason you don't want to move to our Irish branch, you can close your Revolut account for free at any time before or after we transfer you.

You can close your Revolut account for free by selecting your Profile icon in the Revolut app, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and choosing 'Close account'.

Or you can reach out to our Customer Support team in-app.

Thanks,

Team Revolut

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Whilst getting an Irish IBAN is great news it's a pain it's the third IBAN change in a short while...GB to LT and now to IE.

Have a handful of people who don't use Revolut who I've had to get them to change their payment details as my IBAN has changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,324 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Two months is a very short transition period. I’d prefer not to have to go chasing 6-8 utilities to be changing direct debits. 12 months would make more sense, to let old contracts run out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Just got that email too.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bugsyb4

This might be a silly question but only new to Revolut so will ask.

Am on free 3 month trial of Premium plan where I get €400 ATM withdrawals without having to pay fees.

Heading to America early March, does this mean that I can take out the equivalent in dollars of €400 and not have to pay any fees? Be handy if so save me having to go to post office or bank to get dollar before we travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Revolut won't charge fees, but the ATM you take the money out of may. I was in Vegas last year and there were pretty high fees to withdraw cash from an ATM, I don't know if that's common in the US though or just another Vegas money grab.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Yeah, it’s very common. Charges vary widely. I’ve seen $6 advertised (in Vegas) and $0.99 advertised (in a McDonald’s)

I haven’t been in a couple of years but I took out $200 for a family 2 week trip and didn’t spend it. Only used for tips

Used the card to pay for everything

Well first it is going to take most companies a long while before they can handle the new Bank (I mean there are still companies out there that for Direct Debit insist on name of the bank from a list which is not up to date) so that will take time. I mean look at Bunq, there are still companies that can't handle the Bunq IE IBAN online.

But once all systems are up to date, it's really quick indeed because with IE most can be done online now, including signing up for new products where a non Irish IBAN always makes problems.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Mis read that, thought you said it would take revolut that long to do all the accounts. Is a bit of a pain, but has to be done I suppose.

Post edited by MarkR on

VHI required posting a paper form last time I changed. Bord Gais required it to be done over the phone.

I don’t really have an hour to donate to Revolut. I didn’t ask for this change.

It really doesn’t benefit me. I never had any issues with the LT IBAN.

What’s in it for me?

Banks and financial institutions make changes all the time that don’t benefit customers. This is hardly the first time you’ve been inconvenienced? It’s it really up to people here to argue revolut’s case

You can choose to take your business elsewhere, or complain to them and see where it gets you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Revive my flute. That’s what I say to chicks when recommending this bank.

• Advertisement

Well with IE account numbers it means that they also have started laying the paperwork for more services to come.

Maybe we get credit cards next?

Advertisement