Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Christmas Movie - Boardsies Decide

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I vote Love Actually

I never saw it but I know someone who actually loves it. Also, Tim Button, get out, except Beatlejuice and Batman, you can get in, but not at christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Tim Button :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

And Love Actually is into the next round.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,981 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Buh bye Edward Sissyhands :P

At least this match, I think, won't have any arguments about whether they're Christmas movies or not, Round 1, Match 7 (It's also a Tim Allen showdown - that's the way the rand happened!!)

The Santa Clause (1994)

gn-gift_guide_variable_c.jpg

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111070/

When a man inadvertently makes Santa fall off of his roof on Christmas Eve, he finds himself magically recruited to take his place.

Stars: Tim Allen, Judge Reinhold, Wendy Crewson

v

Christmas with the Kranks (2004)

christmas-with-the-kranks.jpg

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0388419/

With their daughter away, the Kranks decide to skip Christmas altogether until she decides to come home, causing an uproar when they have to celebrate the holiday at the last minute.

Stars: Tim Allen, Jamie Lee Curtis, Dan Aykroyd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Both pretty good but The Santa Clause definitely edges it for me. So funny and it has aged really well.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,981 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Santa Clause.

Not sure if I can use the term better here but it's less sh1t out of the two.

I vote the Kranks,

Probably the best Christmas movie in recent years. Although I don't really like Tim Allen but I can't use that excuse this time.

The Santa Clause, is a really heartwarming movie gets my vote

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I actually like both of these, but I guess for childhood nostalgia alone it will have to be The Santa Clause, as that whole trilogy is actually pretty decent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Round 1, Match 7:
    At last, two films I have seen in the same match!

Although I'm more familiar with the first, I preferred the second, because the premise is very funny.

I like both of these. But definitely has to be the santa Claus. A lovely film and as Toto said, it's aged well!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

The Santa Claus...Its much better than Christmas with the Kranks

And that puts The Santa Clause in to the second round.

Round 1, Match 8

Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale (2010)

rare-exports-a-christmas-tale-2010-elf-santa-claus-peeter-jakobi.jpg

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1401143/

In the depths of the Korvatunturi mountains, 486 meters deep, lies the closest ever guarded secret of Christmas. The time has come to dig it up. This Christmas everyone will believe in Santa Claus.

Stars: Jorma Tommila, Onni Tommila, Peeter Jakobi

v

Meet Me In St. Louis (1944)

methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F8dc6e590-e660-11e7-a07e-b2db9e9d66b2.jpg?crop=1656%2C931%2C469%2C304&resize=685

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0037059/

In the year leading up to the 1904 St. Louis World's Fair, the four Smith daughters learn lessons of life and love, even as they prepare for a reluctant move to New York.

Stars: Judy Garland, Margaret O'Brien, Mary Astor

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishejit

Yeah The Santa Clause, just better in every way...aged well and one you can watch as an adult with the kids without pulling your hair out

aaaaaaaaah not seen either of those

Rare Exports actually sounds interesting so I'll vote for that.

Havent seen either though:/

I vote Meet me in st Louis

Basically as it's one of my picks and I love it. Never heard of that other muck

The Santa Clause may very well be one of the best Christmas movies ever. a vote there for me please.

• Advertisement

tusk wrote: »
    The Santa Clause may very well be one of the best Christmas movies ever. a vote there for me please.

It has already gone through to the next round!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Meet Me In St. Louis, because clang clang clang went the trolley, and I'm a fan of musicals.

meet me in st louis

because i never heard of the other one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Rare Exports please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Yester

Meet me in St. Louis for Judy singing "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas"

It has already gone through to the next round!

Thanks. Thread is moving too fast for me haha

tusk wrote: »
    Thanks. Thread is moving too fast for me haha

This aint no Walrus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Have not seen either, but Meet me in St Louis as Judy Garland looks so weird in that photo

Yester wrote: »
    Meet me in St. Louis for Judy singing "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas"

I have never seen Meet Me in St. Louis in its entirety - only bits of it -, but it gets my vote for that rendition of the song, even though I don't really like those kind of musicals! I don't know the other film at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Me in St Louis.

Because the screenshot for the other one gives me chills for some reason.

Advertisement