Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Lights for door wreath

• 06-12-2019 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭ SarahLil

I have a gold wreath for my front door I would like some lights for it any recommendations?

I have warm white cluster lights on my Tree and my Garland so I would be looking for something that colour, I did try some battery lights from Woodies before but it didn't look right maybe I had the wrong amount of lights

What does everyone else use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭ harr

SarahLil wrote: »
    I have a gold wreath for my front door I would like some lights for it any recommendations?

I have warm white cluster lights on my Tree and my Garland so I would be looking for something that colour, I did try some battery lights from Woodies before but it didn't look right maybe I had the wrong amount of lights

What does everyone else use?

I was looking for something similar and in fact I picked up a very cheap set of white led in euro giant... I think the set only has 30 small bulbs and it looked fine.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,766 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭ Toots

Lidl has little sets of warm white battery LEDs and they look great. I've those on the tiny tree in the hall and they're lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 Postgrad10

Be prepared to change the batteries a few times on the lights for the door wreath over Christmas. The cold causes them to fade. I cover the battery part in kitchen roll put the pack in a small ziplock bag and hide it well at the back.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 26,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Posy

I can't be bothered to put lights on my wreath, I've enough batteries to change this month as it is! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 Postgrad10

Posy wrote: »
    I can't be bothered to put lights on my wreath, I've enough batteries to change this month as it is! :pac:

Well i’ve Just got the tree, fireplaces , and the Christmas wreath to put lights on :) And just the wreath needs batteries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭ matchthis

Dunnes have copper wire led lights battery operated and would go well with the wreath as the wire would blend a bit with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭ SarahLil

Thanks everyone another thing added to the list il check out the suggestions

Advertisement