Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrities and unexpected musical faves

Options
  • 25-11-2019 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭

I see Francis Brennan has opened up about his love of The Clash and "London Calling" in particular.

Any other celebs with unexpected musical preferences?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I'm pretty sure that businessman and broadcaster Bobby Kerr mentioned his interest in punk music!

Enda Kenny is a big Bruce Springsteen fan!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Brad Pitt loves Nick Drake. As do I.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Sean Boylan being a good mate of Tony Wilson (Founder of Factory Records etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Sean Boylan being a good mate of Tony Wilson (Founder of Factory Records etc)

Sean Boylan the former Meath manager? Is that really true? How did that happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Sean Boylan the former Meath manager? Is that really true? How did that happen?

There were a few articles about it when Wilson died.

In the mid-50s Sean Boylan's parents were in Manchester. They were going to see a consultant about the Da's Parkinson's disease. They were walking up a hill on the way to the clinic and a car pulled up - the driver noticed that Boylan's father was struggling. They offered them a lift. It was Tony Wilson's parents and Tony (aged 7) in the car. By the time they got to their destination, they were invited in for a cuppa afterwards and a friendship between the families started. Wilson was at Boylan's wedding, attended a good few Meath matches and Boylan was at his bedside when he died

https://www.pressreader.com/ireland/sunday-independent-ireland/20070819/281646775748635

• Advertisement
Advertisement