Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hotel Recommendations for Berlin 2020 suiting family

• 19-11-2019 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've deferred my entry from 2019 to 2020 and was trying to get an idea of reasonably priced hotels that are family friendly near enough to the city centre. We'll be staying 3 or 4 nights. 2 adults & 2 mini adults & 1 mini so 2 rooms or family suite

I'd appreciate any recommendation that you may have.

Don't want any hostels but am also one to apartment suggestions.

TIA

Anne

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Younganne wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've deferred my entry from 2019 to 2020 and was trying to get an idea of reasonably priced hotels that are family friendly near enough to the city centre. We'll be staying 3 or 4 nights. 2 adults & 2 mini adults & 1 mini so 2 rooms or family suite

I'd appreciate any recommendation that you may have.

Don't want any hostels but am also one to apartment suggestions.

TIA

Anne

Can’t recommend anything hotel related in Berlin but we used AirB&B when I done Köln last year A. Completely family friendly and are going with with same for Seville in February.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

applied for berlin via lottery, should know on 27th if successful so will also be looking for accommodation for family
    anyone know what the chances of getting in are?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,414 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

We stayed at Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin at Hackescher Markt - the mini kitchen was very handy for race day self-catering. Worth a look - can’t remember anything negative about it! Assume they have 2-bed suites. Plenty of reasonable restaurants nearby too and right beside train station so very easy to get to the start area a couple of stops away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

applied for berlin via lottery, should know on 27th if successful so will also be looking for accommodation for family

I'm trying to get sorted before the results come out:D

OOnegative wrote: »
    Can’t recommend anything hotel related in Berlin but we used AirB&B when I done Köln last year A. Completely family friendly and are going with with same for Seville in February.

Thanks B. I've never used AirBnB but i suppose i need to move with the times
    :D I will take a look.
    Murph_D wrote: »
    We stayed at Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin at Hackescher Markt - the mini kitchen was very handy for race day self-catering. Worth a look - can’t remember anything negative about it! Assume they have 2-bed suites. Plenty of reasonable restaurants nearby too and right beside train station so very easy to get to the start area a couple of stops away.

Thanks D. I will check this out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭browne_rob5

Thanks B. I've never used AirBnB but i suppose i need to move with the times
    :D I will take a look.

Thanks D. I will check this out.

I have booked with AirBnB for next year. There are only 3 of us in our family but there was a lot of choice available and prices were far more reasonable than hotels.

Just make sure to book with someone who has plenty of good reviews and is well established.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭NeedsTraining

We stayed at HSH Hotel Apartments Mitte in 2018.

Nice and central, beside the train also.

I wasn't traveling with kids, but there were families staying there.
    Breakfast is basic but the apartments were clean and kitchenette area was very handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Simmer down

Around 16%

Thanks Lads,
    Apartment via AirBnB and Ryanair flights all booked.
    6 night for 5 people all in for under €1700. I think that's great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,414 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Thanks Lads,

You did well! Enjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Thanks Lads,

Told ya AirBnB was the way to go!!

Around 16%

wow, really that low?

I guess I will wait before looking into hotels then! thought it would be more like 50%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

wow, really that low?

I guess I will wait before looking into hotels then! thought it would be more like 50%

I applied once and got in so while it may be 16%, my success rate is 100%.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Around 16%

Still better than London!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭6run28

Anyone get an email yet ??

• Registered Users Posts: 35 fully floating

6run28 wrote: »
    Anyone get an email yet ??

Wife got her confirmation this morning both her and her running buddy got in 1st time either of them applied
    Email at 8:22

neither me or my bro - separate applications got in.
    oh well

Advertisement