Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Roscam railway lights

• 18-11-2019 9:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭ Faze11

What is the purpose of putting the barriers down 5 to 6 minutes before train arrives. Surely 2 minutes is enough time to give. 1 even. Does not make any sense. Anyone know HO in an contact in relation to this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭ Faze11

Faze11 wrote: »
    What is the purpose of putting the barriers down 5 to 6 minutes before train arrives. Surely 2 minutes is enough time to give. 1 even. Does not make any sense. Anyone know HO in an contact in relation to this?

Make that 11 minutes and counting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 Johnny Sausage

What is the purpose of putting the barriers down 5 to 6 minutes before train arrives.

so nobody gets hit by the train

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭ intellectual dosser

I'll agree with OP the gates go down quite a while before a train passes, I think the average is about 6 minutes. A train would pass over 30 times between 6am and 11pm...thats a lot of downtime for that roadway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭ flazio

I think the sensors haven't been adjusted for the fact that the train stops at Oranmore station.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭ Utter Consternation

Make that 11 minutes and counting.

Are you posting this from your phone while in control of your car that is going nowhere?

• Advertisement

Are you posting this from your phone while in control of your car that is going nowhere?

Yep

flazio wrote: »
    I think the sensors haven't been adjusted for the fact that the train stops at Oranmore station.

Good point. Going to email and ask them to consider timings.

Advertisement