Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accessing Records from Garda

Options
  • 14-11-2019 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

I was sexually abused over 25 years ago by a serial predator who was also a member of my family. The abuse only stopped because he died.

Years later I am finding out that more and more people were either victims of him also or knew what he was.

Do i have any right to see if anyone made a complaint against him?

Also how can I access my medical records from a hospital from this time?

Thanks everyone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

Make a data protection request to the relevant data protection officer?

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

I was sexually abused over 25 years ago by a serial predator who was also a member of my family. The abuse only stopped because he died.

Years later I am finding out that more and more people were either victims of him also or knew what he was.

Thanks everyone

Garda records are exempt from FOI requests so in short no you can’t compel them to reveal that through a simple request

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Thanks everyone

If the hospital is a public hospital and they are your personal records, they will release them to you. You don't necessarily have to apply for them under DP or FOI legislation.

Garda are subject to FOI but not all aspects of their business. Doubt you'd get info about complaints made by others against him.

Advertisement